1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Expect Big Plays Out of the Wildcat vs jets

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Oct 30, 2009.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    A lot has been made this week about how the Saints "stopped" the Wildcat in the 2nd half. The Saints were, indeed, successful when they attacked Ronnie Brown with their DBs blitzing. Henning wisely countered by having Ronnie throw to Fasano, who dropped the damn ball.

I expect Rex Ryan to try to emulate the Saints' strategy. If he does, then the jet DBs will leave the middle of the field wide open for passes.

Also, with Kris Jenkins out, I think we'll be successful in running between the tackles. If we are, and Ronnie gets to the second level, who's gonna tackle him when the jets DBs are blitzing? I expect the O-line to pummel the jets and create big holes for Ronnie.

Of course, the jets won't blitz all their DBs, but once Ronnie bursts into the secondary, I like his chances versus a safety or a CB.

GO DOLPHINS! LETS GET THAT SWEEP!

dolfan7171, Rocky Raccoon and Agua like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    anybody been keeping an eye on the maturation process of ronnie brown throwing the football, the dude has shown some nice form the past two weeks, hes come a long way..no way did i think he would even have close to that form, maybe that td to fasano against the pats was no fluke last year, lol.

Heres hopin that he can keep his mechanics up this week.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Ronnie & Ricky are the mainstay of the WildCat
    but when will they employ Pat White?
    that's the logical next step in development

4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The Jets are too weak against the run, much weaker than NO. I don't see them using the corners much in terms of forcing the hand against the Wildcat.

5. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Yeah, I think we should do few things.
    Blitzing CBs will leave you open. If he will blitz cbs but drop back the LBs, ronnie will still run. I think we will have similar success running the ball, lets just hope we will also have success passing it.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The Saints were very quick to the edges. Vilma and that bunch rely on speed, whereas the Jets rely more on Gap penetration.

I honestly think the Saints are built perfectly to stop the Wildcat, much in the same way the Ravens were last year.

The Jets on the other hand, are not. And now with Kris Jenkins out they should an even tougher time stopping it.

dolfan7171 and Agua like this.
  7. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i don't expect to see many big plays unless we mix it up more.we kept running it to the edge even after it was obvious that vilma and greer were shutting the edge off..the one pass play is not enough even if fasano catches it.even when we brought pat into the game we went straight to the edge and the basic option play got shutdown.poor playcalling during the second half of that saints game coupled with poor execution.:pity:

cnc66 likes this.
  8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, I fel like Vilma was the main reason that the Wildcatb struggled. Dude was making plays everywhere.
    Posted via Mobile Device

cnc66 likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ronnie will read the corners now and make the adjustments, its what he does....

I wanted to ask anyone else if they noticed that when ronnie was lined up in the cat did anyone think that he was further back then normal?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  10. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Dude was also completely unblocked.

11. Ricky Williams

Ricky Williams New Member

Sep 10, 2008
    When we do go to the WC formation two things come to mind: No running direct snaps without Ricky going into motion. No Pat White.

I really hope Henning doesn't try and get creative in this game like he did in the 2nd half of the NO game (Anything outside of running and running again qualifies as creative becuase it's just plain stupid). Just run the damn ball up the gut with the FB leading the way. Then bring in the WC and run up the middle some more. This should leave us in short yardage situation where Henne to Bess, Cam, or Hartline should be a high completion %.

dolfan7171 and GARDENHEAD like this.
  12. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007

I don't know how many times I've said this, but we have to hit Ginn with quick slants in stride.

The Jets sending their corners on a blitz will give us the opportunity to capitalize big time if we can hit Ginn in stride with that much empty space. Heck, even give it to Hartline for all I care. Slants are usually a positve play for 5-8 yards with potential of much larger gains. We have a QB with the arm to get the ball in there, so lets do it already.

13. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I think he was referring to Wildcat plays however.

If Ronnie could throw a slant out of it, I think we'd have the most unstoppable offense of all-time :lol:

14. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i don't see many 'big' plays in the WC for this game, namely because the JESTS do have a quick defense .... and will try to emulate NO. their ILBs aren't as quick, so they won't shut it down, but there might not be as many 7+ yard gains as there was the last go around.

also, since Jenkins won't be there, we just might be more successful in the standard offense running between the tackles (guards really) ...

RB has gotten better, but he still has a ways to go before DCs really believe that he is liable to throw at any time ...

15. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    NO was able to use their CBs, because their defensive front wasn't being blown off the ball by our OL.

The Jets do not have that luxury.

16. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007

Pat White sure can. :shifty:

Fake handoff to Ricky, BAM, slant to Ginn. Ahhh, dream on Tone, dream on.

17. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    we will need to run the ball.. the jest will.. and if we don't want to see our defense collapse in the fourth, we better run, control the clock, or score a crapload of points to get them out of it.

18. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Agreed. That's what made last week so frustrating. No reason to throw the ball that much in the 2nd half. I'd rather us score 24 points and control the clock all game long than score 34 and barely have the ball at all.

That may sound crazy, but I think that type of game favors us more than a shootout. Especially with the way our defense has played.

19. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    we cant abandon the run.

20. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm defintely expecting some special Wildcat plays this Sunday. We ran it so well the last time we played them that I have to believe we set them up for something big. Not to mention the Jets players were whining about it after that game...and haven't stopped. I'm excited to see what we'll do!

21. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    we also can't run the same play over and over again just to different sides.wc to the outside left,wc to the outside left..lets switch it up..wc to the outside right..wc to the outside left..come on henning you got to be less predictable and able to adjust on the fly not just during halftime. i felt that was our problem coming into the second half of the saints game.we adjusted defensively when we really didnt need to.those 14 points in the first half came from batched ref calls.we quit pressuring brees and started dropping guys back into coverage and it gave bree's all day to find guys.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  22. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Yeah I think he was back a little bit. I wonder if that was something new for the offense.....a new wrinkle if you will.

23. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I would like to see Pat White in the WildCat
    & get a look @ WR Pat Turner in the pro-set