I have reason for optimism

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jun 28, 2015.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Pessimism......lol. You mean realism. This team, which I love has not won a damn thing for 43 years. Do you deny the truth. The object is to win the super-bowl. It is sad when people have to change their standards and change the rules to stay positive. The new acceptable performance level is to make the playoffs....lol.

Rewarding substandard performance is egotistical.

2. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    We're all optimistic else we wouldn't be commenting on the Dolphins via this online forum. When you think about it, we're all just here because we're fans of the team. Point blank, we all want to see these guys win and we want to share that passion with other fans.

Sometimes though, people forget that, get a little personal and take offense at views that are simply middle-of-the-road because what they want to hear is that every player on the Dolphins is going to have a break-out year. I don't know why anyone wants to bother with that kind of thing when it's obviously not going to be a great season for everyone. I didn't see anyone predicting that our DTs would be utter garbage last year and cost us the Play-offs but most everyone agrees now that they played terribly. Real stuff like that is much more interesting because you learn something from it--maybe you can even spot it coming in the future.

The fact is, this team was 8-8 last year and it didn't happen because a group of all stars got a few unlucky breaks--no sir. There's a lot of getting better than needs to happen BUT HOPEFULLY the biggest pieces have fallen into place at this point with Suh, Mosley, and Philips joining the D-line and Parker, Jennings, Stills and Cameron joining the offense.

The truth is, no matter how talented the roster, this team has a bunch of really tough games on it's schedule and we won't really know what progress has been made until the team is forced to do what it takes to win those games. I for one cannot wait to get to that point and to see how it all unfolds but I'm definitely not going to guarantee a win against NE on the road during a short week, or a win against the Colts late in the season or a win against the Cowboys who had the best record in football last year or wins against NFC East teams we know can play like the Giants or Eagles.

This season could be break-out year for the team but it sure won't be easy. There are quite a few tough games to be played. At this point, we can all agree the roster looks a lot better on paper than we know it was coming off of last year.

3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Yeah it does look good on paper. I'm going with Suh when he said that this team needs to get past being good on paper to actually being good. I agree with you that not all with have a breakout season but I think the team could have a breakout season. This is going something to watch through training camp and throughout the season. Good post my man!!

4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I predict 9 wins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    man would that be frustrating.