1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hope we pick 3 different positions with our 1st 3 picks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Apr 19, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Here's our greatest needs as i see it.

CB, LB/DE, WR in that order. however i think we'll get the best value if we pick this way..

1. WR
    2a CB
    2b LB/DE

Is this possible

1. WR hakeem nicks
    2a CB darius butler
    2b LB Clint Sintim/ DE Kruger

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well I mean I've seen about 40 names people have said will be gone by #25 so you'd think a few will be there :lol:

padre31 likes this.
  3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Hakeem Nicks has been said to be 'cocky'. If thats the case, i dont see him in a fins uni. And the rest of those guys will be gone at those picks.

We will take 3 different positions at each pick tho

4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    they're all much faster too, and aside from smith, much taller as well. And NONE of them will be or would have been drafted by Parcells.

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    it is when you're looking like a possession guy. I'm okay with taking Nicks in the 2nd if hes there, but we'll have a couple of good options at OLB in the first, i don't see us straying from that.

6. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i do too. if you noticed i put our needs in order at this: CB, LB, WR. But i was thinking we would get the best value if we drafted in this order WR, CB, LB. But who knows?

i would be very happy with the best available CB with pick #25, but i don't think we can get a top quality WR with #44. But that's fine with me b/c anyone can catch a pennington pass.(this isn't a knock on Penny, its just the way he plays. He's a short accurate passer) When Henne is at the helm, i definitely want to get a WR in round 1.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Possible? Yes. Likely? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong though...I'd love it if that ended up being our first three picks.

Cocky isn't necessarily a bad quality, especially in WR. Complete arrogance a la TO is another story. IMO, I think you want a guy that feels like he can beat the guy that's supposed to cover him...on every play.

Didn't Nicks run a sub 4.5/40 at the combine? I think he can do more than simply move the chains. I think he's tall enough too. :up:

8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    In my opinion we absolutely need an ILB who has a strong playmaking presence.
    A Ray Lewis or Bart Scott kind of player.
    Then we also need more OLB pass rush.
    After that NT.

djphinfan likes this.
  9. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Well in a perfect world, that list needs to be flipped upside down.

NT is the most important spot on the entire defense. But unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be one worth taking in this draft where we're picking. An ILB would be nice, but there are only a few like the ones your asking for.

OLBs that can reach the QB, we've got some choices there.

m ino likes this.
  10. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    we can always get Cody from Alabama in next years draft.

11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I like him, but i fear that he'll get injured again this season. he gives me that vibe.