1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't get it...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The G Man, Dec 19, 2010.

1. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    can someone explain?

Down by 3, 41 seconds left, we're at our own 20, no TO's, and we're throwing 5-10 yard passes...inbounds no less?! And, that last play was a total cluster****. Why the **** did we not throw a Hail Mary for the love of God?! Even if you don't complete it, a PI call sustains the drive. I mean, I've been watching football for many, many years, and I've never seen a team call/run such blatantly stupid plays at such crucial times in a game. So, I'm asking...who is responsible? Is it Henning? Is it Henne? Or, is it Sparano? Seriously, I really just don't get it.

Also, how in the hell do you not hurry up and run a quick play to avoid your opponent to review a questionable catch, then to make it worse...call a TO?!?!?!

DolfanJake, Merauder and eric like this.
  2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Weird team....very weird.

3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The same nonsense we saw at the end of the Steelers game. The coaching is not improving at all.

DolfanJake and texanphinatic like this.
  4. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I think you know the answer to your questions.

5. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    No, honestly...I seriously just don't get it. And, I wanna be sure it isn't me not understanding something.

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It starts at the top with the coaches... **** runs downhill.

7. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Fire henning

Merauder likes this.
  8. joeyp

joeyp New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    its not only the coach, you cant ask your QB to do things he cant do. Henning may not be any good but If your QB cant do the things you need him to do to call a certain play..... do you still call it?

**** you dont coach in the NFL without knowing that. Sid Gillman or Bill Walsh couldnt Win with Henne, How is Henning supposed too?????????????

gunn34 likes this.
  9. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i want henning gone at least.
    i havent had a problem with sparano before, but there are too many dumb decisions being made. if sparano isnt the one making them, he isnt doing enough to correct that problem (ie. who is making them).
    if we have a shot in hell at landing bill cowher or john gruden, id say get them and let them fire any coach they want that isnt named mike nolan.

anyone think pennington would take an O.C. job here if offered to him? or even QB coach?

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

You just don't "get it", do you?

11. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Another wasted season. Thanks Dan Henning.

12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Why in the hell did Benny Sapp lateral the ball with only Fitzpatrick in front of him after the int. Keep running and score.
    Big mistake.

I don't get that.

The G Man likes this.
  13. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    And Vontae was behind him asking for the lateral. WTF? Get in front and make a block.

DolfanJake likes this.
  14. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Why throw a hail marry? Come on.

We might accidently win the game.

15. Dansar

Dansar Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Bermuda
    I am with you GMan I could not beleive they did not take some shots. This alone sums up the coaching talent we have. It was absolutely the worst playcalling I have ever seen
    especially with the season on the line. They looked totally disorganized and had no clue as to what to do (great coaching). I use to think we could fix this with replacing Henning but after that display Sparano needs to go as well.

The G Man likes this.
  16. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    :lol:

17. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Because we have a coaching staff that are morons.

"Hey, I got an idea. 40 seconds left, no timeouts... let's run I formation. It'll catch them off guard for sure and we'll be able to max protect giving Henne plenty of time and two or three options to throw to. 3 receivers against 8 defenders in the secondary, they'll never expect it!"

I hope we fire Sparano and Henning... then bring in Cowher and let him do his magic.

The G Man and DolfanJake like this.
  18. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    It's all of them. Pack all their bags.

The G Man likes this.
  19. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Bill Walsh never won anything without Joe Montana.

Soooooo....I'm not sure what point you are tyring to make.

The G Man likes this.
  20. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    So, my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, and early Alzheimer's hasn't started to set in (yet...lol). Whew! What a relief.

Well, then to everyone that is seeing this the way I am, I agree with you...fire the whole lot of them (except Nolan), and bring in someone that knows WTF they are doing. Because that was as inept a display of a come back as I have ever witnessed. Pitiful really.

And yes KP...that whole Benny Sapp/Vontae Davis Keystone Cops routine was about as ridiculous as it gets. The only man he had to beat was their QB, and if Davis simply blocks (instead of lobbying for the ball), Sapp scores easily.

:pity: