1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know everything about this season was gravy...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Jan 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    We weren't supposed to be this good. We weren't supposed to win the division. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs. We weren't supposed to have a Comeback player of the year winner in Pennington. We weren't supposed to have a contender for Coach of the Year. We weren't supposed to have an MVP candidate. We weren't supposed to have the AFC sack leader. We weren't supposed to have the Wildcat offense. We weren't supposed to have any primetime game. Oh wait...we didn't.

You picking up what I am putting down? We weren't supposed to be anything. Yet we were. Weak schedule and all...we still were something. Once we got to .500 I started to get the itch....started having expectations for this team. Something I haven't had in over 4 years. I felt the fire burning in me. Then something else happened. I ended up with tickets to the Super Bowl. My first time ever going to big game. What's better? The Phins make the playoffs. Sure...in my heart of hearts I knew we weren't going to be in the big game. Yet...there was that one glimmer of hope that I could be sitting there watching us on the biggest stage in person. My wife told me last night that she is glad we weren't in the game because I probably would be a nervous wreck and not enjoy the experience. Also, probably ruin it for everyone else since I am the pnly Phins fan. I kind agreed.

So now I sit here and I am thankful for what we had this year. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Now I have expectations. But now I also wonder, who in the hell will I be sitting there watching in Tampa in a few weeks?

I pray that it isn't Philly vs Pitt. Could there be a more annoying matchup of a-hole attitude fanbases? I would rather slit my wrists than be seated between those sets of yahoos. However, I will still sit there since I got the tickets.

Carolina vs SD? This might be the most appealing matchup. I want something that has sizzle. Carolina has that in Steve Smith & the RB tandem of Williams & Stewart. SD of course has Rivers, LT, Gates, & Jackson. I don't want to sit there for a defensive game. I want the sizzle. This seems like it would bring that.

The Giants vs Tenn, Pitt, or B'more? Nothing appealing about a defenseive battle. See above.

Philly vs SD. Could possibly work. Westbrook and McNabb could provide the sizzle.

Zona...no chance in hell that will happen.

B'more or Pitt vs Carolina. FUGLY game.

What would be the best matchup for me to witness in Tampa? Is anyone else from here going to the big game?

2. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Good gosh, sell the things for a bundle once the teams are set. Hope all is going well Preston.

3. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    [​IMG]

Mmmmmm....Gravy!

anlgp likes this.
  4. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Good to see you again! Also glad to see nobody tried to take my name either. I know you all had it in holding for me just in case I ever showed up. LOL :up:

Nah, I really want to go to the game. It is one of those once in a lifetime thing. Plus we are getting to do some VIP things on gameday. Don't know what right now, but since these are tickets from a former Super Bowl player...we will be doing something good.

5. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Damn....Now I am really hungry. Time to get my grub on!

[​IMG]

opfinistic likes this.
  6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    :yes:

My arteries get hard just looking at that!

7. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    All is good as long as that is the only thing that does....iykwim. :)

8. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida

No kidding, keep the defibrillator handy :wink2:

9. hard harry

hard harry New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    I'm not trying to be a smart a--- but Terrell Suggs nickname is T-Sizzle, if you like sizzle. Seriously though ,from a pure football point of view, y:you could be telling your granchildren you saw the greatest MLB and Safety ever to play if Bmore gets in. NFC offenses don't seem to appealing whoever it is.:sad:Your offensive sizzle left with Indy.But Ray-Ray and Ed can be pretty exciting. Just a thought.:up:
    HH

10. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Can't argue that about Reed and Lewis. Just don't know how much I would enjoy sitting there watching the limp Ravens offense. I guess if it is going to be a defensive Super Bowl....that would be the team you want in there. :sad:

11. hard harry

hard harry New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Yea, we're still a player or two away on offense. I hope Flacco is finally the answer at QB.
    HH