I Love Me Some Chris Grier
47 replies
Give this man the reins, he's got an eye for talent, he's hit on some good players. Let him rebuild this without the Tannebaums and Hickeys of the world having say over him.
I agree completely. He had the lowest voice of the three between Tannenbaum and Gase in regards to the roster. Grier has been little more than the head of the scouting department. I love this move.
Not a big fan of reassigning Tannenbaum unless he is charge of the grounds keepers, OUTSIDE the stadium.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"Tin Indian wrote:
I agree completely. He had the lowest voice of the three between Tannenbaum and Gase in regards to the roster. Grier has been little more than the head of the scouting department. I love this move.
Not a big fan of reassigning Tannenbaum unless he is charge of the grounds keepers, OUTSIDE the stadium.
LMAO! I spilled my coffee on that one!
Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.
Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.
The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.
Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.
Team Tua.
Miami Dolphins Homer!
You got your wish.
Grier is now the head cheese and reports directly to Ross.
And I'm happy, too.
Happy as hell for Grier! He's earned it. Excited to see what he can do!!
Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.
Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.
The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.
Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.
Team Tua.
Miami Dolphins Homer!
"Tin Indian wrote:
I agree completely. He had the lowest voice of the three between Tannenbaum and Gase in regards to the roster. Grier has been little more than the head of the scouting department. I love this move.
Not a big fan of reassigning Tannenbaum unless he is charge of the grounds keepers, OUTSIDE the stadium.
Well it sounds like Tannenbaum is being reassigned outside of the football operations side. So he can go back eventually to his original world eventually on the agent side. He might be a good asset on the business side though with sponsorship and other deals. I'd rather him be out of the building though so Grier really feels like he's got total control.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"brandon27 wrote:
Well it sounds like Tannenbaum is being reassigned outside of the football operations side. So he can go back eventually to his original world eventually on the agent side. He might be a good asset on the business side though with sponsorship and other deals. I'd rather him be out of the building though so Grier really feels like he's got total control.
I agree 100%. Grier needs to run this thing without anyone meddling in the background.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
Considering it seems TBum and Ross are actual buddies, it's not a surprise that he would be moved rather than dumped completely. That said, as long as he isn't making roster calls, it's fine.
Hopefully Grier can pick a decent coach and get a QB to get us rolling. It may only be a little bit, but the Pats are somewhat vulnerable.
HELL YEAH! This is the first right step, let one guy build the team, he knows football, he knows personnel. Let him get a coach he meshes well with and get to work nice and early.
"texanphinatic wrote:
Considering it seems TBum and Ross are actual buddies, it's not a surprise that he would be moved rather than dumped completely. That said, as long as he isn't making roster calls, it's fine.
Hopefully Grier can pick a decent coach and get a QB to get us rolling. It may only be a little bit, but the Pats are somewhat vulnerable.
Yeah Tannebaum is out of football decision making, thank God!
Let's see who he brings in for an interview. I think that will be the first tell as to what a Grier led team will look like.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
OMG! I just watched Ross's and Grier's press conference and I couldn't be more excited! I can't believe it! Ross wants to build the team up right and not just patchwork things. He understands that it may take time to do it right and he is ok with it. The WIN NOW mantra is gone and replaced with a BUILD IT right mantra! WOOOOOT!!!
Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.
Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.
The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.
Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.
Team Tua.
Miami Dolphins Homer!
I hope that Grier can be our Ozzie Newsome. Start out in the lower ranks of the organization and continue to do good work, until you are in control. Good luck Chris Grier, and bring us some Championships.
I actually clapped watching the presser.
I can appreciate Ross wanting to do things the right way. And while it seems we are rebuilding, he seems to be the one who will see this through, no matter how long it takes.
I just hope it’s sooner rather than later.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau
I guess I'll have to give it a watch.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Oh I don't see why not. I just want that cancer who destroyed the Jets out of here (Tannenbaum)
Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.
I think Ross is finally learning. Hopefully, he is getting out of his Daniel Snyder phase.
I wish we knew the personnel record of The executive in charge of a billion dollar franchise

"tirty8 wrote:
I think Ross is finally learning. Hopefully, he is getting out of his Daniel Snyder phase.
Sorry if he were actually learning he would've cleared everyone out for once instead of deciding yet again that there shouldn’t be full accountability with a collaborative group of decision makers that have been running the team poorly for 3-4 years.
"Drizzy wrote:
Sorry if he were actually learning he would've cleared everyone out for once instead of deciding yet again that there shouldn’t be full accountability with a collaborative group of decision makers that have been running the team poorly for 3-4 years.
When a group fails it doesn't mean the whole group is garbage that needs to be taken out.
If you have a cancerous tumor you don't remove your entire leg unless you have to. If part of your leg is fully functional why would you remove it.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
When a group fails it doesn't mean the whole group is garbage that needs to be taken out.
If you have a cancerous tumor you don't remove your entire leg unless you have to. If part of your leg is fully functional why would you remove it.
This must be what Ireland told Ross in 2011...and what Philbin told him a few years later....and what Grier told him a few days ago lol
"Drizzy wrote:
This must be what Ireland told Ross in 2011...and what Philbin told him a few years later....and what Grier told him a few days ago lol
You know how I know I win?
When a person is unable to use real world examples to explain their point. When they can't articulate what is actually wrong or incorrect, so they write a little quip no-one thinks is funny.
Thanks for the W.