1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with this issue at work

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by SICK, Mar 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Minor quibble:

Freedom is about having a choice and nothing to do with it being a positive or negative.

2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I never said that my way of handling it wouldn't cause an issue with work. In fact, I think I said it would. You calling me names is actually against TOS here. If I were a jerk, I would totally report you for it.

But I am actually a pretty tolerant guy and respect your right to have an opinion, even if it is an uninformed one. Quite frankly, the jerk in the scenario is still the lady who is INTERRUPTING him at his job (something that seems to be lost among some here) and forcing her religious thoughts and beliefs on SICK and the other customers in a very physical way.

Put SICK aside for a moment, what if the other customers were offended by her ations? What if they threatened to pull their money out of this bank because, not only do they allow rude, pushy old ladies to cut in front of them without a care for their own personal business, but are offended that a bank would support this type of behavior?

As for George Carlin, clearly you are not a fan. The guy wasn't an athiest. Athiesm is a set of beliefs. The man didn't believe in it. In fact, he was fairly open about not giving a **** about any of the religious stuff, on either side. He didn't believe in there being a God or not being a God. He simply didn't care. That is more of what I was alluding too.

I realize that religion is a very touchy subject with folks and clearly seems to be with you, but I refuse to be talked down to or belittled because I don't care to believe whatever it is you believe. And if someone else can't respect that...I would venture to say that they are quite the jerk.

:up:

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I didn't call you a jerk.

I am a fan of George Carlin. He is a funny man.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Understandable. I like to use the word positive. It is my freedom of choice :)

Fin D likes this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i am confused.....what are you saying is the gift she gave me? i dont need to work on ANYTHING. i am agnostic. iam happy.

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Dude if she wanted me to pretend to be her kid, I would totally do it to have sex with her.

Samphin and SICK like this.
  7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    If you were happy, what she said wouldn't have bothered you.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Or maybe he simply didnt want to have somone else's beliefs shoved down his throat.