I need help with this issue at work
47 replies
"Big E wrote:
Hire Pagan to be your bodyguard.
You.are.welcome.
:sidelol:
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
I know your boss already seems to have handled this situation for you, but you'll face folks like this again for sure whether at work or in your personal life. Certain people try to sell religion as if it were a vacuum cleaner. And there's only one way to treat people like this. You have to treat them like a salesman. Example -
Jehovah's witnesses regularly come to my door. They get the same line the salespeople get. "No thanks, I'm all set with that."
I DO find it hilarious that the religious ones here are quoting religious passages in order to help SICK with this issue. Oh the ironing.
SICK, I am a complete and total athiest. I would have accepted the bible, and then the next time she came in, I would have thanked her profusely for the gift. It meant a lot to you and provided a couple of warm meals for oyu and your family since you sold it. When she became mortified, I would have simply said, "What? God TOLD me to sell it. He helps those who help themselves, right?"
Oh and make sure you do that while off the clock, otherwise you might get ****canned.
"Samphin wrote:
I DO find it hilarious that the religious ones here are quoting religious passages in order to help SICK with this issue. Oh the ironing.
SICK, I am a complete and total athiest. I would have accepted the bible, and then the next time she came in, I would have thanked her profusely for the gift. It meant a lot to you and provided a couple of warm meals for oyu and your family since you sold it. When she became mortified, I would have simply said, "What? God TOLD me to sell it. He helps those who help themselves, right?"Oh and make sure you do that while off the clock, otherwise you might get ****canned.
:lol:

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Ohiophinphan wrote:
Your manager sounds like good people and the woman is one of those folks that I mention in my prayers when I ask God to save me from the people on my side!
I often pray to God for the same sort of thing (Dolphin fans)
My prayers haven't been answered. :up:

"Samphin wrote:
I DO find it hilarious that the religious ones here are quoting religious passages in order to help SICK with this issue. Oh the ironing.
SICK, I am a complete and total athiest. I would have accepted the bible, and then the next time she came in, I would have thanked her profusely for the gift. It meant a lot to you and provided a couple of warm meals for oyu and your family since you sold it. When she became mortified, I would have simply said, "What? God TOLD me to sell it. He helps those who help themselves, right?"Oh and make sure you do that while off the clock, otherwise you might get ****canned.
Insulting a customer would not in my opinion have been helpful. We who are people of faith understand both sides of the dynamic and were trying to be helpful.
By the way, if you want us to look at irony, you might learn how to spell the word? Just a thought? Or perhaps you thought the woman should also be starched and pressed? :wink2:
OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.
I know the feeling. didn't have a situation as crazy as yours but i work at a bank myself. what i noticed after years of this is that the customers are nut jobs!! they always tell you stories you don't care for, give too much information, or give you advice you don't care for or that doesn't even pertain to you. you know never know what you are going to get from these people.
It is not restricted to banking!
OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.
"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:
:lol:
"Ohiophinphan wrote:
Insulting a customer would not in my opinion have been helpful. We who are people of faith understand both sides of the dynamic and were trying to be helpful.
By the way, if you want us to look at irony, you might learn how to spell the word? Just a thought? Or perhaps you thought the woman should also be starched and pressed? :wink2:
It was spelled that way on purpose...sigh.
And sorry, if she has the right to express her beliefs, whatever they might be, than I have a right to do the same, customer or not.
But I tend to subscribe to the George Carlin rule when it comes to religion, politics and life in general, so perhaps my vision sees a different color than others. :up:
You were then appearantly shooting for some kind of humor which utterly escapes me. Sorry
OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.
"Ohiophinphan wrote:
You were then appearantly shooting for some kind of humor which utterly escapes me. Sorry
Oh the ironing is an internet meme from yesteryear. No biggy. :wink2:
"Samphin wrote:
Oh the ironing is an internet meme from yesteryear. No biggy. :wink2:
:lol::lol: I still have no idea what you are talking about! I must be an even older "old guy" than I thought and more out of touch than my youth group tells me I am!!!!! :lol::lol:
OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.
"Ohiophinphan wrote:
:lol::lol: I still have no idea what you are talking about! I must be an even older "old guy" than I thought and more out of touch than my youth group tells me I am!!!!! :lol::lol:
Internet meme (pronounced /ˈmiːm/, rhyming with "cream"[1]) is used to describe a concept that spreads swiftly via the Internet.
Like the cat pictures that have baby talk typed out. Or saying pron instead of porn.
"Samphin wrote:
It was spelled that way on purpose...sigh.
And sorry, if she has the right to express her beliefs, whatever they might be, than I have a right to do the same, customer or not.
But I tend to subscribe to the George Carlin rule when it comes to religion, politics and life in general, so perhaps my vision sees a different color than others. :up:
First off, you do have the right to express the same, customer or not and your job also has the right to fire you for being a jerk. Since you are an atheist you cannot say it is your religious right to be a jerk.
Taking the George Carlin rule when it comes to life is like taking the Dane Cook role when it comes to life. However if you want to base your life philosophy on a professional clown, be my guest. I hear Bozo has some good philosophies on pies.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Sick, I am happy the problem is over with, however she gave you a gift. The gift is, she showed you an area you need to work on. Minus being interrupted at work, the problem is not hers, it is yours. She just hit the trigger that set you off your process of mortification, self-righteousness, and embarrassment.
Freedom is not living in a world where things do not happen to you. Freedom is choosing positive ways to feel and deal when things do.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Sick, I am happy the problem is over with, however she gave you a gift. The gift is, she showed you an area you need to work on. Minus being interrupted at work, the problem is not hers, it is yours. She just hit the trigger that set you off your process of mortification, self-righteousness, and embarrassment.
Freedom is not living in a world where things do not happen to you. Freedom is choosing positive ways to feel and deal when things do.
Minor quibble:
Freedom is about having a choice and nothing to do with it being a positive or negative.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
First off, you do have the right to express the same, customer or not and your job also has the right to fire you for being a jerk. Since you are an atheist you cannot say it is your religious right to be a jerk.
Taking the George Carlin rule when it comes to life is like taking the Dane Cook role when it comes to life. However if you want to base your life philosophy on a professional clown, be my guest. I hear Bozo has some good philosophies on pies.
I never said that my way of handling it wouldn't cause an issue with work. In fact, I think I said it would. You calling me names is actually against TOS here. If I were a jerk, I would totally report you for it.
But I am actually a pretty tolerant guy and respect your right to have an opinion, even if it is an uninformed one. Quite frankly, the jerk in the scenario is still the lady who is INTERRUPTING him at his job (something that seems to be lost among some here) and forcing her religious thoughts and beliefs on SICK and the other customers in a very physical way.
Put SICK aside for a moment, what if the other customers were offended by her ations? What if they threatened to pull their money out of this bank because, not only do they allow rude, pushy old ladies to cut in front of them without a care for their own personal business, but are offended that a bank would support this type of behavior?
As for George Carlin, clearly you are not a fan. The guy wasn't an athiest. Athiesm is a set of beliefs. The man didn't believe in it. In fact, he was fairly open about not giving a **** about any of the religious stuff, on either side. He didn't believe in there being a God or not being a God. He simply didn't care. That is more of what I was alluding too.
I realize that religion is a very touchy subject with folks and clearly seems to be with you, but I refuse to be talked down to or belittled because I don't care to believe whatever it is you believe. And if someone else can't respect that...I would venture to say that they are quite the jerk.
:up:
"Samphin wrote:
I never said that my way of handling it wouldn't cause an issue with work. In fact, I think I said it would. You calling me names is actually against TOS here. If I were a jerk, I would totally report you for it.
But I am actually a pretty tolerant guy and respect your right to have an opinion, even if it is an uninformed one. Quite frankly, the jerk in the scenario is still the lady who is INTERRUPTING him at his job (something that seems to be lost among some here) and forcing her religious thoughts and beliefs on SICK and the other customers in a very physical way.
Put SICK aside for a moment, what if the other customers were offended by her ations? What if they threatened to pull their money out of this bank because, not only do they allow rude, pushy old ladies to cut in front of them without a care for their own personal business, but are offended that a bank would support this type of behavior?
As for George Carlin, clearly you are not a fan. The guy wasn't an athiest. Athiesm is a set of beliefs. The man didn't believe in it. In fact, he was fairly open about not giving a **** about any of the religious stuff, on either side. He didn't believe in there being a God or not being a God. He simply didn't care. That is more of what I was alluding too.
I realize that religion is a very touchy subject with folks and clearly seems to be with you, but I refuse to be talked down to or belittled because I don't care to believe whatever it is you believe. And if someone else can't respect that...I would venture to say that they are quite the jerk.
:up:
I didn't call you a jerk.
I am a fan of George Carlin. He is a funny man.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Finascious D wrote:
Minor quibble:
Freedom is having about having a choice and nothing to do with it being a positive or negative.
Understandable. I like to use the word positive. It is my freedom of choice :)
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Sick, I am happy the problem is over with, however she gave you a gift. The gift is, she showed you an area you need to work on. Minus being interrupted at work, the problem is not hers, it is yours. She just hit the trigger that set you off your process of mortification, self-righteousness, and embarrassment.
Freedom is not living in a world where things do not happen to you. Freedom is choosing positive ways to feel and deal when things do.
i am confused.....what are you saying is the gift she gave me? i dont need to work on ANYTHING. i am agnostic. iam happy.
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

Dude if she wanted me to pretend to be her kid, I would totally do it to have sex with her.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"SICK wrote:
i am confused.....what are you saying is the gift she gave me? i dont need to work on ANYTHING. i am agnostic. iam happy.
If you were happy, what she said wouldn't have bothered you.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
If you were happy, what she said wouldn't have bothered you.
Or maybe he simply didnt want to have somone else's beliefs shoved down his throat.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
