1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by miami#1, Sep 30, 2008.

1. miami#1

miami#1 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    springfield, missouri
    im trying to prove to a guy at work that miami has the most wins in the nfl but i cant find the info. can someone find me a link that compares us to other teams?

thanks

2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    PMZQ likes this.
  4. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    I believe that the Dolphins are now at 348 wins in the modern era (post-1970) but we are no longer No. 1. I believe that we have been overtaken by both the Cowboys and Steelers.

Incidentally, the Bears have won the most NFL games overall. They are approaching 700 wins.

CrunchTime likes this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    just stick with the "onky undefeated" stat.....that always works :up:

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We never had the most wins....the Bears have this....but we had highest winning percentage of all-time...I am not sure if we still do. I know the Dallas Cowboys were right behind us. I think we've only had something like 9 losing seasons in 40 years of football. It sure beats being a fan of the Cardinals, Lions and other organizations that have been horrible throughout most of their history.

7. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Sad thing is that a good number of those losing seasons happened recently. :sad:

8. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I was shocked to learn Ronnie Brown Town was not the author of this thread with that title, but I digress... yes we have the highest winning %. Thats probably what you were thinking of. In fact, Ive won several bets by stating this over the last few years ;)

9. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i think there is a lot of misleading information in this thread...

there was a thread about this a week or two ago (started by rafael?), where there were a lot of links to some good information. something to keep in mind is if you count most wins ever, you eliminate over half the current teams from the landscape as many were added after the initial number of teams. If you count all-time, the Bears have the lead followed by Green Bay as they've been around a lot longer than most other teams.

If you count wins since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 (which is when most stats were started to count for records), the Dolphins currently hold the lead over the Steelers, albeit by just two wins as of this week in football. As stated above we also have the highest win percentage, even now, even after the last four years.

NFL standings since AFL-NFL merger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and yes i realize wikipedia isn't always the most reliable information for everything, but given the information i've searched for around the internet, i have no reason to believe these numbers to be incorrect. :up:

10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Only stat that concerns me: how many wins will be get in the next 4 years and beyond? and when to we win our next SB?

Sorry, I'm being my usual unhelpful self. :lol: