1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to keep one of my WRs in fantasy... which one would you choose?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by arsenal, Jul 10, 2008.

Tags:

Which WR to keep

1. Andre Johnson

11.1%
  2. Braylon Edwards

27.8%
  3. Reggie Wayne

61.1%
  1. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    i am going to keep one out of the following 3 WR, listed with how they finished in the WR rankings in my league last year in total points, and their average fantasy pts per game...

Reggie Wayne (4th total, 12.375 fppg)
    Braylon Edwards (2nd total, 13.72 fppg)
    Andre Johnson (21st total, 14 fppg)

my league has max 2 keepers, one is going to be Frank Gore and instead of Ronnie with the injury concern, and Ricky and all that, I am going to keep one of these wideouts since i'll probably be able to get Ronnie back later if i want...

really dont know what to do... Reggie Wayne is the stead and consistant guy who i know will give a top 10 performance in the WR rankings as he has the past 4 years... Braylon had an amazing season and is still improving at his young age, but will he be able to repeat his performance of last year? and Andre we know is a stud but his offense is not as prolific as the other 2, especially if Matt Shaub can not stay healthy...

what would you guys do?

2. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    damn very tough choice...

Wayne
    Edwards
    Johnson

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Andre Johnson can't stay healthy so I would cross him. Wayne and Edwards are both number ones. I go with Wayne just because his QB is Peyton lol.

4. arsenal

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    ^i wouldn't say he cant stay healthy... besides last year, he missed like 4 games in 2005 and thats it...

in 03, 04 and 06 he played every game of the season

5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    If the Marvin Harrison debacle had not gone on in the offseason I wouldve picked Johnson, but I have a feeling Reggie Wayne is going to get EXTRA stuff this year

OT: Anybody have the latest on what actually transipred in the Harrison shootings?

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I say keep Wayne.

7. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    IMO Wayne would be the safest bet

8. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

It's a coin flip between Edwards and Wayne. I like Edwards a little better, but wouldn't fault you for going with Wayne.

9. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Wayne is a no brainer. I dont particularly like Gore because he has zero other threats on that offense, so depending on who was keeping whom and if that became public, I would be tempted to keep either Edwards or Johnson over him just to solidify the position.

10. arsenal

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    i feel like Edwards has more of a chance to finish as the top WR... but also more of a chance to fizzle after his amazing year last year... yes Wayne is the safer bet... but im still torn, people sleeping on Johnson too... he played 9 games and still finished 21st out of all WRs in the league... his 14ppg average was 3rd behind only Moss and TO...

but here is how my league work...
    starting positions: 1QB, 2RB, 2WRs, 1TE, 1Flex (only TE or WR NOT RB), 1Def, 1 K with a very short bench unfortunately...

every team has to keep 1 player minimum, if you keep a 2nd player you lose your first round pick... now majority of the teams in the league will keep 2 players so that first round will probably only end up being like 4 to 6 picks... my keeper options are these 3 WRs or my 2 RBs who are Frank Gore and Ronnie Brown...

I need to keep at least one RB, all the top RBs are usually kept and keeping 2 WRs would really diminish my RB position... i have confidence in Gore because he will catch a lot of passes out of the backfield and hopefully the team offense will be a little more spunky than last year (well they can only go up from finishing dead last)...

my other thought process was just keep Gore and get a first round pick... that way if a stud is available from one of the teams that has multiple studs and i get a good pick i can pick them up... and if stud is not available, id be able to still get one of these WRs im letting go back with that first pick...

11. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    With Martz running the offense now, I agree with you keeping Gore. If they can get a little more solid play from a QB, which I think Martz will be able to figure out a way to do, things should open up a bit for Gore on the run, and he should see a fair number of passes as well.

With all the question marks on Harrison, Wayne really should be in for a monster year. I know Peyton likes to spread the ball a bit, but if Harrison is gone for any amount of time, Wayne will easily be a top 5 WR this season. Yes, Edwards and Johnson should have great years as well, but come with more question marks.

My guess is Brown may get overlooked for a couple rounds due to coming off the injury, so you could probably pick him back up anyway.

12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Wayne is the safest pick IMO, that's who I would go with. It's a high risk, high reward for Edwards and I don't think Johnson is a better fantasy option than Wayne or Edwards at the moment.

13. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Im the only person who voted you keep Andre Johnson huh... the rest of you dont know anything BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :wink2:

14. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If you can get a 1st rounder for not keeping any of the wr's I might go that route as long as you get to keep the 2nd rounder as well...