1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need your prayers, please

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by gafinfan, Mar 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

My son, whom some of you know has Asperger's syndrome, for the last two years has been battling the bottle. He went to AA for a while but stopped and is now drinking again. For the most part he will not get on the road cause the last time he did that it cost him about 8,000 dollars just to stay out of jail. I will say it was his first offense.

He is again drinking, we again had a long and heart felt talk tonight, I've never reached out like this before but if you can find it in your heart to do so please add Anthony Evans to your prayer list. I assure you he is a fine young man but he really needs your prayers and God's hand to overcome this problem.

Thank you and God bless.

Jaydog57, azfinfanmang, alen1 and 5 others like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Everyday Ga.

gafinfan likes this.
  3. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

You have my fervant prayers my dear friend!

gafinfan likes this.
  4. gafinfan

Thanks guys and God bless.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    prayers for your boy.

gafinfan likes this.
  6. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

You got it, brother.

I work with students with Asperger's (at the elementary/middle school level) everyday. I see how they can perseverate on something on a daily basis and I can't imagine how tough it must be as a father. You lean on us when you need to.

You have my prayers and my support.

GB
    Raul

gafinfan likes this.
  7. gafinfan

I can't thank you all enough, you have no idea how much this helps. God bless.

8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Absolutely Ga. Best wishes for your son and hoping its just a college phase. I would be less concerned with the drinking then the fact he was willing to get behind the wheel after drinking. Speaking from watching a few people I know die/get seriously injured after driving after drinking, thats the part thats most concerning.

gafinfan likes this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    If there's anyway I could help, just let me know. My brother-in-law suffers from the same condition. In dealing with him, I've found that he obsess over things that are linked to something else.

For example, he wanted to move to Japan and spent lots of money on language learning aids, job placement & living research, etc., simply because he met a a girl of Japanese decent, who he thought was attractive here in the states.

If your boy is drinking heavily in college settings, it maybe because of a girl or guys he wants to hang out with. In my experience, the worst part of that condition is the lack of a filter for social interaction.

gafinfan likes this.
  10. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Thoughts and prayers Ga.

gafinfan likes this.
  11. gafinfan

Wanted to come back with an update. Have him going back to AA again and hanging with a different group. Again I can't thank you all enough and I know your thoughts and prayers have helped!

Ron

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Sethdaddy8, Boik14, alen1 and 3 others like this.
  12. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

continued thoughts and prayers.

gafinfan likes this.
  13. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    On the way, everyday, GA....hang in there. Best Wishes my friend.

gafinfan likes this.
  14. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

My prayers also continue, thanks for the update. Hope you guys had a great Easter!

dolphindebby and gafinfan like this.
  15. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Good luck with your son. You are in my thoughts

gafinfan likes this.
  16. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Really sorry I didn't see this till now.
    Everybody has their own burdeons and crosses to bear, and I definately don't want that to lessen or take away from what's going on here, actually, quite the opposite.
    The fact that he has you as a Father, and you are doing exactly as a Father should, and the added fact he sees through the issue enough to both be sensible to not drive, and further to seek an alternative to a dead end lifestyle speaks volumes Ron.
    You of course have my prayers and well wishes, as well as my admiration for remaining in your boys life, and letting him know you continue to be there for him. For that, I pray for some solice for you my friend.

gafinfan and Boik14 like this.
  17. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Also, sorry that I missed this until now. May G-d strengthen him to stay a straight course.

18. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I'm an alcoholic myself, and I can kind of understand his situation, without the Asperger's Syndrome. That's a tough situation he's got there, and you as well, I'm so sorry for your problems. I'll keep you guys in my positive thoughts to get past this rough situation and move on to better things. He deserves it and so do you. Take care man.:knucks: