1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Really Wonder What Ross is Thinking...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I'm sure he's smart enough to know this could limit our options now that Barkley is staying in school. There's no way we trade up with Ireland, so hoping the Rams get the #1 pick instead of Indy is probably a bad thing. At least Indy opens up the option of what they will do with Peyton Manning if they get the #1 pick.

He would try to sell Weeden or Jones if we don't get RG3, after all he is the guy who said Chad Henne could be the next Marino....but that didn't quite work out. As for RG3 Browns would either have to pass on him or beat the Ravens and Steelers, or win just one and lose the tiebreaker to us...unless we win a game, but he has to be thinking about Peyton Manning. I'm sure we're drafting a QB regardless, so if we don't get RG3 I would expect one of those two (maybe Tannehill?)

If Manning becomes available though you know Ross would do anything to get him. Every game would sell out, and imagine the publicity for all the games in general, but especially the two division games against NE (Manning-Brady twice? NBC & ESPN would explode) and the game against Indy (Imagine Manning vs Luck if the Colts dumped Manning?) You know Ross gets a boner just thinking about all the attention the Dolphins would get if that happened. It's unlikely to see Manning in a Dolphins or any other jersey...though somewhat possible, way more possible than ever before. Not getting my hopes up though, these are the Dolphins of the 2000s after all, we're more likely to draft the next John Beck then Dan Marino or get the real Peyton Manning.

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    He'd have to pick up the phone and ask Carl what he's thinking first.