1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I see it every year

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Pandarilla, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Why has fumbling the ball forward for a td become an arbitrary call?

It happened again yesterday. I thought they fixed it years back by stating that the offense can't recover fumbles for additional yardage period. Regardless of whether or not it was batted.

This and the maintaining control of the ball after the catch; where control and a football move were made and the ground clearly causes the fumble. Too much illogical grey area. Just seems completely wrong to me...

2. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    The only offensive player that can recover fumbles for additional yardage and advance the fumble is the player that fumbled as long as it is on 4th down or within 2 minutes of either half. Otherwise any offensive player can recover or advance the fumble for additional yardage.

3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    The whole "catch" thing has gotten out of control. It's become a rule governed by bureaucrats. If it keeps up the only way to prove you caught it is to have a notary sealed letter from God, stating he did indeed see it as a catch.

Pandarilla likes this.