1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think this is how we’re going to rebuild

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    i don’t think Miami is going to draft a QB at 13 or under. I think we might dump tannehill and sign a cheaper stop gap and draft offensive line and defensive players left and right.

Without a good line a young QB will be dead. By getting those players now and letting them grow a year or two into the system will allow the team to gel enough for a rookie an in year 2-3.

Unless their is a QB just sitting there at 13 or in this draft that wows them I think we pass or take a late draft prospect.

Tin Indian, Surfs Up 99 and Zigs like this.
  2. Hooligan

Hooligan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Costa Rica
    That would be a solid approach. I keep hearing about Tyrod Taylor coming in although there are a lot of free agents and backups in the league that would jump at the chance to start in Miami.

Dorfdad likes this.
  3. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Tyrod Taylor wins you enough games to take you out of drafting early. I would let Fales and Falk battle it out and possibly consider signing Nathan Perelman.

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Costa Rica
    Drafting early means nothing if you can't do it intelligently, Miami has shown that time and again. The season before last Buffalo made the play-offs for the first time in a long time, eliminated in the first round much like Miami's 2016 season yet, they were able to leapfrog us in the following draft and grab their franchise QB without resorting to the loser mentality of tanking the season.
    NE wins the SB and then enters the following draft with more draft picks than any other team. If they want or need a low first round pick they have the draft capital to trade up and get it.
    Success in the draft is more dependent on intelligent draft pick management than tanking the season for a low pick. Trading productive players for draft picks while they're still under contract makes much more sense than letting them walk when you can't afford to resign them at the end of their contract.

FinsPensFan, resnor and Dorfdad like this.
  5. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    So far, I like our new approach to interviewing potential draft picks. :-)

Tin Indian likes this.