1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think this is the reason we hired Parcells

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Passrusher, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Passrusher

Passrusher New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    In the draft war room
    With Wayne saying that hiring Parcells was part of the equation, I think the real reason we hired him was to lure Scott Pioli here from New England. After all, Pioli is Parcells' son-in-law so there is a huge connection there. And it would be a real victory for us if we could get Pioli. It would weaken New England while strengthening us dramatically. If that happens, I'd be doing cartwheels for months!!!

2. andyahs

andyahs New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    No that will never happen (EVER).

3. phinsoldia

phinsoldia Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    i think parcells was hired so that his knowlage of the coaching process and talent evaluation process can be spread and we can get good coaching/draft decisions for the next couple of years...now that entails him putting in people he trusts ofcourse and whether he will keep mueller/cam remains to be seen but point is it doesnt necessarily have to be scott, if so great...then i feel comfortable with our drafting(because piolli has a track record)..but if not i feel well enough in the decisions that parcells makes to the individuals who are in ther

4. RollieGotFingered

RollieGotFingered New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    In his column at CNNSI today, Don Banks brings up a good point regarding any Pioli to Miami scenerio:

"Family ties or no family ties, don't be surprised if Kraft contends to the NFL that Pioli wouldn't have final authority over personnel decisions in Miami with Parcells above him, thus making it, under league rules, a blockable lateral move rather than a promotion."