1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was banned till 10pm tonight

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by finwin, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    I was banned for a post made in the game thread last night, probably for using the word dufus. I came to this site about a year and a half ago after the Fin heaven site seemed slow during game days. While I feel there are advantages to this site, there is definitely a lack of tolerance for those that disagree with a rosy picture of the Phins. Negative or disagree comments are attacked. I posted that the D is having a hard time getting off the field again, someone posted, "you'd think we're losing 40 to nothing." That response to my post was completely off point; I meant that our offense was getting fewer plays. In general, my issue is that people on this site just don't like me, I'm ignored a lot and most importantly, I’m not gaining the information and constructive conversation that I get with Fin heaven. I will continue to weigh the value of spending time on Phins.com but will also go back to Finheaven. I don't disagree with the 12 hr banning, though I think a warning for dufus would have been more appropriate.

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    the reason you were banned, you called me, a moderator, dufus. I responded with the question, did you just call me that? No reply until a Dolphin player gets hurt and you state, he should have been taken out of the game previous to that.

to quote the Core Topics which can be found here http://www.thephins.com/forums/faq.php?faq=core_topics

If you can't respect an authority figure on the site, you certainly can't respect a fellow poster. Thus the temporary ban. I lifted it this morning. You state you don't disagree with the temp ban, so hopefully we're good to move forward. You are definitely free to come and go as you please.

I'm going to lock this thread but you are welcome to contact myself or other mods via PM if you'd like to discuss further.

As a reminder to you and anyone else reading this thread:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.