1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd like to say pt. 2

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Oct 13, 2009.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'd like to say...

- To win this year I used to think we needed to keep TOP high, and to play from ahead. After seeing Henne in only his second start throw a 50 yard bomb to Ginn to beat triple coverage I'm not so sure it is absolutely necessary.

- Our S play has me concerned for the rest of the season, but we face the high rollin' New Orlean Saints after the bye week, a rematch against what will probably be a pretty pissed off NYJ team, and NE. We will probably have to keep TOP high and play from ahead both games. We know we can beat the Jets. The other two (until we get in the game and get going) I'll be a bit concerned about.

- The first PI call last night may have been BS, but it wouldn't have even been an issue had we been able to sniff out and tackle a fake punt.

- Too many flags, period. BS calls or not someone has to tighten down. (even though that second PI call against W. Allen was weaker than the Jets run D :lol: )

- I don't like losing a jack of all trades like Cobbs. I know VO touched on this elsewhere, but I wouldn't underestimate the value he brings to this team. We kept him for a reason, so hopefully he gets some touches.

- I will do another quarterly statistical report after 8 games, then 12, then 16. I will compare the results after the 8th game from the 4th and see which part of our game is going up, and which parts have gone down. I was going to do Oline stats like sacks/penalties, but couldn't find every linemen at the time though they are there now ( http://hosted.stats.com/fb/teamstats.asp?yr=2009&tm=15&btnGo=Go&type=depthcharts).

- I am glad we don't give away multiple draft picks and players for WRers or QB's (yes this is towards the Jets). I realize how much Edwards helped them last night, and what Sanchez is proclaimed to be in NY, but over the long term we may have the same thing and we've still got more picks to our credit. Football is not only about the now, but also for the future. We're doing both well. I think our WR is blue collar. I'm glad we don't have a "big name" at the position to be honest. They're all hard working, and they all don't have a diva personality.

- For those that doubted Jake Grove over Samson Satele: do you think Satele could have had the game against Jenkins that Grove did?

- 2-0 in the division. I know I've posted this elsewhere. This is huge. We're the only team without a loss.

I know I keep creating threads.. but I'm highly pumped after this win.

jetssuck likes this.