1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idiot Writer at Work Alert!! Prisco's Thoughts on the Wildcat.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Jun 10, 2009.

1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think there's a misconception that the WC is mostly about trickery. It's mostly about physical, old-fashion football. In last year's incarnation it was primarily a running formation. Baltimore was successful against us b/c they were more physical, not b/c they figured out some schematic advantage. Basically we put a run formation in and said we dare you to stop us. Baltimore run blitzed it and said we dare you to pass. We either didn't or couldn't pass and their run defense was better than our run offense.

The reason we brought White in is so that we can make teams who sell out to stop the run pay. It's the same basic theory as the '72 Dolphins. We were going to run and everybody knew but if they sold out to stop the run then Warfield would make them pay. So the defense was forced to play honest.

phineas64 and The G Man like this.
  2. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Whether we want to believe it or not, Prisco is good at his job. We just proved it. He is controversial and very opinionated. His articles get circulated because of his strong stands. He gets us to talk about it whether we hate him, disagree with him, or not.

I completely disagree. To me, he just proved why we have the best coaching in the NFL. If it's a QB driven league and we have to use gimmicks to cover that up, then our coaching found a win to win 11 games with a team that won 1 game from the year before and with an incompetent QB (which I don't believe). An incompetent QB in a league that you must have a QB to win, we won our division and improved our record by 10 games. Great coaching!

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    You're absolutely right in terms of the reason he has a job. But he absolutely is not "good" at his job. Not if you consider good to be knowledgable, informed and insightful. IMO there's a big difference between purposefully being controversial and being just plain stupid. Prisco's articles are like watching a train wreck. You don't want to watch, but you can't turn your head.

4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    If Prisco's job is being an idiot and knowing nothing about football then yes, he's wonderful at it.

Someone please make sure the Dolphins get a copy of this article.

Sceeto likes this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Prisco is a fool, pity he gets paid to even write such drivel. What he fails to realize is we drafted a guy (Pat White) who will once again revolutionize the WildCat and we fixed our OL so we won't be running the WC because we can't run the ball effectively in our standard offense.

This year we will hopefully have a better OL so we will run the WC more for surprise and confusion than out of necessity like last year. All that said, I just can't figure out why we admitted defeat 11 times last year and we were wrong! :lol:

6. mdscpa

mdscpa New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    NC
    Don't feel like we are the only one's who see Prisco for what he is. This response to the article was my favorite...

"haha, poor Prisco wrote an article and he hasn't gotten one response that favors his side. He's received about 100 posts all calling his article BS (and about 60% of those responses are from fans of the NFL other than Dolphin fans).

What does that tell you. The article is pure garbage and Mike Smith would have to be an awful coach to not even attempt to prepare for it.

The Ravens stopped anything and everything. Not just the wildcat. Blueprint? that's just ridiculous. So they laid out the blueprint on how to stop everyone's run game too, but it seemed only they could do. Why? Because they had tremendous talent on defense."

phineas64 likes this.