1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Alex Smith, why not Chad Henne?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jsizzle, Jan 14, 2012.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Bottom line for me on Henne, if the new coach wants him kept, I'm fine with it, if he doesn't, that's fine as well.

We've all seen yrs of Chad Henne, from my pov he killed sparano in Miami, if the next coach wants to roll the dice on him it's his career.

2. uab_phin

uab_phin New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Well that explains the jump in Chad's rushing numbers this year.

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I haven't read through the thread, but before the season when the question came up here about whether we should consider Smith, I said "yes" b/c of his ability to create when plays broke down. He certainly wasn't great or "my answer", but I thought he was a good gamble b/c of that ability. IMO operating in a timing offense is easy to teach as long as the player has enough arm talent. After that it's mostly about the surrounding cast and the play calling. IMO Smith is more athletic and better at creating. I don't see Henne's upside as high as Smith's but you could win with. IMO SF would have still won the division with Henne, but I doubt they would have pulled it out against NO.

smahtaz likes this.
  4. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

ooops

5. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Henne isn't a terrible option for a team that needs a backup, I think he's capable of playing well for a time but over an entire season I think he gets exposed. I don't think he's a legit NFL starter but he has shown that he can play for stretches so he would make a good backup IMO. Considering his past here I don't see him signing back up here but I think a team with a decent starting Qb he might be worth a look. Maybe a team like Indy that is going to take a Qb early in the draft (if Manning is gone of course), maybe the Redskins or Oakland.

6. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Because Chad Henne wont be re-signed by the Dolphins so who gives a flying ****???