1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Cowher is available....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miamifire, Dec 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Miamifire

Miamifire New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Huizenga must make him the highest paid coach in the NFL by comming to Miami. What Cowher brings is instant credibility, with players, with coaches, with fans, and for Huizenga. That choice cannot be criticised. Cowher is a no-nonsense in you face badass. If, and thats a big if he is ready to comeback, Wayne must relentlessly pursue him. He can have the keys to the franchise and what I expect is instant and steady improvement.
    Cam is a nice guy and good offensive coordinator when the talent is there. I am alarmed at his dispassionate, low key laid back approach. The players are losing respect and it seems giving up on him as evidenced by the Jets game. I know that consistancy is important but it seems Cam has lost the team. When the inmates run the asylum, its time for change.
    Bill Cowher can rebuild this mess.

2. Beck2Ginn

Beck2Ginn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    he could, but he won't. i doubt he has any interest in rebuilding the worst team in the NFL.

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    How long did it take him to win a superbowl in Pitt???????

He will not coach next year.

4. Miamifire

Miamifire New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Wayne Huizenga has MILLIONS and MILLIONS of reasons why Cowher should coach again. Remember, there was much speculation that he was unhappy with his salary in Pittsburgh. Wayne can convince him $$.

5. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

i believe it was more than 10 years. and, if i recall, there were a couple of years that he did not fair so well. many Pitt fans calling for his head. immediate respectability.......:glare:

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He did go to two Super Bowls though...

Here we go again, my goodness, "Super Coach" is not the answer in Miami, we've tried and tried that approach, we haven't been the playoffs in 5 years using that approach.

FinFolks, sometimes rebuilding is just a crap sandwich that we all have to take a bite of.

7. Miamifire

Miamifire New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    15 years I think. The key words however, are "win a Superbowl." Do you think Cam can lead us to a Superbowl?

8. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    parcells as GM would be nice

9. Finole

Finole Season Ticket Holder

Dec 5, 2007
    Cowher is only guy I'd consider to replace Cameron at this point. And of course the key phrase is "if he is ready to comeback."

But the season isn't over yet. By the end of the December, if Cameron wins 2 or 3 of our next 4 games, we might all be singing a different tune. Hiring a new special teams coach, and replacing Dom Capers with Chicago's old defensive coodinator Ron Rivera seems like a less reactionary solution.

10. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Give him a chance and we will find out, and we don't have to wait 15 years to find out, but give the guy at least another year to implement his ways.

What this franchise needs more than anything is stability!

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Randy Mueller has been money for us, he is the one guy I would not dump.

The "only" guy I would like to see HC here is Marty S, and that would only be "if" Cam resigned.

12. Miamifire

Miamifire New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    No disrespect Padre, but with that line of thinking, we should dig up Rich Kotite or Walt Michaels and see if they want to coach us. We are paying the price for a subpar coach this year. I dont blame Cam completely, but he did assemble this mess. This was a 6 win team under Saban. I am agonizing for 12 weeks for one stinking win. One! I will always want the best available coach for my team. Cam has lost the players, and when that happens...its over.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Like I'm not suffering as well?

This is a part of the "normal" cycle of life in the NFL, the Rickey Zach JT team is fading out, we are reloading, it happens.

To think that "super coach" will come in and "Restore our Team" is demonstrable folly.

This will take time, the one bad thing about the NFL is it takes forever to cycle through, season ends in Jan, Draft in April, TC in August, season starts in Sept, and next season holds no more promise then this one does.

Welcome to fanhood.

14. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Is this Saban's team? Check how many new players we have this year. Check how many younger players we have this year compared to Saban's.

We are playing a ton of young players under Cam. You will get growing pains with that. Yes 0-12 is hard to take, I know. Give it some time, I'm not saying years, but the guy deserves at least one more year.

15. Miamifire

Miamifire New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ, Cam was responsible for the player movement. He assembled this team. He must therefore take responsibility. My main concern is the perceived lack of respect for Cam by the players. Would you agree with that? Have you listened recently to what Jason Taylor has said? The players quit on him against the Jets. Would you agree? Do you approve of Cams laid back, relaxed, easy going demeanor? The players have said he never yells at them. NEVER YELLS. If any team needs to be yelled at, its this one! They are sleepwalking though this year and may soon be known as the worst team ever! EVER! Come on Cam, kick some chairs, punch a wall, show some anger!

16. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Taylor always talks. Not the players quit, a couple (Crowder)

Does Joe Torre yell???
    Does Tony Dungy???

They are grown men, punching a wall does nothing but put a hole in the wall.

17. DOLPHAN1

he could go all Hal McCrae on them, but i don't think that will make any difference. the ones we are hearing rumblings from are the ones who should be stepping up and stablizing the locker room, regardless if they completely buy into what is being served now.

18. WaywardZest

WaywardZest New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    A winless season hasn't happened in 30 years, though.

If Cam can win against SOMEBODY, then he will show something. Otherwise, it was a project that didn't pan out.

19. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    Hell... In 15 years, I don't see why not!!!

20. FINintheMOON

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    Bro... I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here but how do you feel that Cam assembled this mess? Cleaning house is not an easy thing by any stretch...

That old cassette radio that has been sitting on the shelf will get $15.00 in the garage sale. That old putter that you no longer use gets you $25.00. The VHS collection brings $45.00. Now with $95.00 you can get a TIVO that can do all that and more...

What you need to be asking and targeting with your aggression is the fact that all that stuff was still laying around when you walked into the garage!!!

21. DOLPHAN1

LOL and how long does it take to learn to program it...and if you miss a couple of games do you trash it and throw it to the curb?

22. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Your answer is that we need a coach that yells? That's what the problem is? He doesn't yell?:001_rolleyes:

Before you continue, many of the players complained about Saban's yelling.

23. FINintheMOON

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    Seems that most of the team has picked up the ability in programming it... I am not quite sure that I understand your comment about throwing it to the curb though...

The point that I was trying to make is that if you truly want a garage that is fully functional and has storage place for all the spare parts you will need to keep that ride rolling, you have to clean out the garage first...

Now the last guy that owned that garage may have been maintaining a Dodge pickup that is 2 wheel drive but you are now coming into the garage and want to build and maintain a Dodge pickup 4x4... While there are parts that are inter-changeable, there are a few that will never be of use to you...

24. DOLPHAN1

the point is that there are many impatient fans that would just as soon throw Cam to the curb because he is still cleaning, and trying to program and want to trash the team.

oh well, not as witty as i thought it was now....:001_rolleyes:

25. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    You know, I have a majority partner in business that I answer to an he has never yelled at me. Never throw a chair or punched a hole in the wall. And guess what? I'm ok with that. Have I screwed up. Heck yeah. Have I always made the right desicion? No way. He's told me what I made errors in judgement and coached me. If he did start screaming and yelling at me and throwing stuff, would I still be around? Not a chance. I won't put up with that and neither would most of you.

On a different note, I'm glad I never went to work for many of you. Every time I have taken over a business, it has gotten worse before it has gotten better. If every boss I had canned me because I didn't get instant results, I'd have had 50 jobs in the last 25 years instead of 2. Thankfully, I have had patient, supportive, understanding bosses that didn't overreact and let me do my job. I think there is no way Cam gets fired at the end of the year--and rightfully so.

26. FINintheMOON

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    :ffic: I DO know were you are coming from bro... But the FINFANS have been spoiled for 30 years as being the winningest team in the NFL until 2002. It is hard to fall from that grace and that platform... However, it is a necessary evil bro... If we want to be successful next year, we have to endure what this year brings...:(

27. FINintheMOON

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va

Sounds like someone else has some business savvy...:thumbup:

28. PROBALL9954

PROBALL9954 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    That Coach Crowher Is A Hell Of A Coach Infact If He Does Come To Miami His Leadership Will Improve The Team.

29. FINintheMOON

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    Nice post bro... I like it when people can relate to a situation from their own experiences... :thumbup:

30. Miamifire

Miamifire New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    :001_rolleyes:
    No, if you bothered to read my prior posts, my main concern is he has lost the repect of this team. They Q-U-I-T on him. Were you watching the Jets game? They quit. Are you willing to let Cam coach another year on a team that does not respect him? Is Wayne Huizenga? As for yelling, hell yes I want to see some emotion. Some anger from this coach. The nice guy approach is yielding some great results. As much as I hate Saban, he is a better coach than Cam. When team leaders disent,then quit, its time for a change.

31. kadiddlehopper

kadiddlehopper Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If Cowher is available....He won't be anywhere near Miami.

32. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    They had quit on Saban too, remember the Browns game. And that was relatively early in that season. Cam kept the team fighting through 11 straight loses. In the end, the "better" coach quit on the team.

This isn't a problem of respect or yelling or "fire". This isn't even an issue of the team "quitting on Cam". This about the ineffectiveness of the Front 7, and how that ineffectiveness caused a chain of events that lead Cam to begin the complete rebuilding process this year instead of next. And the vets being frustrated because of it. No more, no less. You can't become a coach in the NFL if you don't have a passion for it.

As far as the team leaders quitting and that means its time for change: you're right its time for a change. A change in the team leaders. I submit that if you quit trying then you've quit leading. Had JT & the other DL played even remotely well this year, we'd have a different record. If JT is looking for someone to blame for our dismal record he should look in a mirror, as should Holliday and Traylor.

So yeah, I watched the game, and I read your other posts, and i come away with the same feeling: the defensive "leaders" are to blame for our catastrophic season and your take on the matter is simplistic.

33. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    I feel dizzy.......:huh:

34. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I don't care if the coach yells or not. It's stupid for people knock a coach because he doesn't. You are who you are.

The roster is pretty devoid of talent. People point to teams like the Patriots that are able to overcome injuries. That's called 'depth'. And Miami doesn't have much of that either. The 'depth' is what's been starting.

With all that said, it's gonna be hard for Huizenga to keep a coach who goes winless. PR nightmare. And with Cowher out there, Huizenga probably won't be able to keep his wallet in his pocket.

The thing about Schottenheimer....who's a good friend of Don Shula....is, he's 64 years old. How much longer can he go? Cowher is 50.

I think Cowher will take the Panthers job in his backyard.

35. ebozzz

ebozzz New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Preach on Brother! :up:

36. He will be the coach of the Panthers next year, bank on that one!

37. DOLPHAN1

i think this is backward here. Cam continues work every day to make something of this team. it's the players that are quitting on the team and on each other. that is the message that Traylor was giving. that has to do with the leaders of this team being tired of their situation and instead of taking care of business like the leaders they are supposed to be, they quit. start to slack and take plays off.

38. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

If by "money" you mean "Confederate currency", maybe I'd agree with you. Mule 's value to this franchise has been, um, questionable at best. He completely failed to foresee the rapid decline of the defense. Granted, we all were caught by surprise by it, but then, none of us get paid good money to run the Miami Dolphins.

And while the last draft yielded an impressive 5 starters, let's remember that 2 of those were at secondary (at best) positions: P and FB, and as much as I like John Beck, the jury's still very much out on whether he'll be better than Brady Quinn.

39. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Fine. I think John Fox is a good coach, and I'd take him over Cam any day of the week.

40. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

He also received 2 number 2's for us, on players that we weren't going to be keeping anyway.