1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Cowher is available....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miamifire, Dec 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Sorry Muck, I must disagree with this paragraph.

I'd hardly call winning a Superbowl with Troy Brown at CB in coverage on passing downs "Depth". The Pats lost so many players that season on Defense it was ridiculous.

How about winning superbowls with that group of receivers the Pats had? I'd argue that they indeed lacked Depth until just this year.

Rodney Harrison goes down for the season and the only thing preventing them from winning Superbowl #4 was Peyton Manning playing on a Divine level.

IMO, it's majority schemes and confidence and that all starts with the Coach and the Pats unfortunatley have the best.

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What Muck was saying about us is correct. We've lost many KEY starters from a 6-10 team, on both sides of the ball, and those gaps are filled by rookies or 3year and under players. Now we suck even worse. Its not rocket science.

3. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

I liked the Welker and Chambers deals well enough, but Welker's 2007 season has shown that he might well have been capable of more than we thought. In any event, the fact that the Joey Porter contract might have been the single-worst signing of the offseason kind of counterbalances that, as does the fact that we gave away a 5th round pick for nothing.

I'm not saying we should fire Mueller, by the way; I think he's a good talent evaluator on balance, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if we did.

4. I think that Fox would be headed back to the Giants.

5. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    They certainly have the best coaches and front office. That goes without saying. They have great systems/schemes in place.

But it goes back to what Saban said about he and Belichick. They look for a certain kind of player using specific criteria. And Pioli and his crew do a standout job of getting them. Basically they have a roster full of the players they want.

Troy Brown is a veteran. And he had 3 INTs that year. Speaks to coaching. Speaks to the savvy of the veteran. to the point, IMO having a rash of injuries at a position does not negate the quality of the depth that got injured at said position.