1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If every other part of our team was exactly as it is now.....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Oct 7, 2013.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

With the one exception that we had a league average OL, how would you feel about our team going into the Bye Week.

I didnt count on our line being this bad. I wonder....is it possible to even fix the line problems right now? Its getting to the point where I am going to just be happy that we dont lose Ryan Tannehill to a season or even worse ending injury.

I know we have holes in other places. But I very much feel like just this OL is prohibiting us from making a serious run at the playoffs. I think we most definitely keep ourselves in the playoff picture if our Oline was merely adequate. I just cant wrap my head around how bad we are. This without a doubt is the worst Oline who has ever put on Miami colors.

2. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    The real probelm is that the o-line doesn't do anything well.

It would be one thing if they were road graders in the run game but struggled in pass protection. But they are bad everywhere (with the exception of Pouncey and he is only one man)

If we were simply mediocre on the line I think we'd be 4-1 and would be printing playoff tickets already.

Have to wonder if we were in on Monroe at all, or even knew he was available.

Stitches likes this.
  3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Doubt it. This regime seems to make political commitments to players that their performances don't justify. Daniel Thomas, Jonathan Martin, and John Jerry do not deserve the level of support they receive.

4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I read that we didnt even know he was available.

I wonder about this. Right now....I think Tyson Clabo needs just released. I wonder if we moved Martin over to Right Tackle....and we got someone else to play LT....(at this point....it has to be better. Martin seems like the worst in the league)....would we see a difference?

I dunno....I really worry about Tannehills future behind a line thats giving up a record pace number of sacks.

5. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    We just need a complete revamping of the LT, RG, and RT positions. I expect that to be the number one priority this offseason along with resigning Soliai, Grimes, and Starks.