1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If healthy, WR Albert Wilson could be primed for a breakout season in Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ould-be-primed-for-a-breakout-season-in-miami

“Every test they’ve wanted me to take I’ve been right on track so there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be out there Week 1. I’m 100, I’m ready to go in when they give me the OK.”

Wilson posted a career-high 83.0 overall grade in his first season in Miami — 14th among wide receivers with at least 35 targets in 2018. He was on pace to have a breakout year and will surely look to pick up where he left off this upcoming season.

Despite missing the second half of the season, Wilson still recorded the best yards after the catch per reception average (13.3) of any wide receiver with at least 35 targets. D.J. Moore and Dante Pettis finished tied for second with a 7.9 average, which only highlights the level of separation between Wilson and the rest of league’s wide receivers last season.

Over the last two seasons, Wilson has posted the highest forced missed tackle per reception rate of any receiver with a minimum of 25 receptions. While he’s only been in the league for five seasons, he’s finished in the top 10 in both yards after the catch per reception and forced missed tackles per reception three times.

His 91.3 slot receiving grade ranked third in the NFL, trailing only A.J. Green and DeAndre Hopkins

That could mean big things for Wilson this upcoming season, especially given Fitzpatrick’s rate of targeting slot receivers. Since 2009, no quarterback with at least 600 pass attempts has targeted wide receivers running routes from the slot more than Fitzpatrick.

Over the last three seasons, Wilson has the fifth-highest receiving grade (73.2) on plays behind the line of scrimmage. He’s scored a league-high four touchdowns on those plays and has picked up 17 first downs during that span. Only Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Hill, and Brown have moved the chains more on passes behind the line of scrimmage since 2016.

If Wilson can stay healthy, he should be primed to finish the breakout season he started last year.

Wilkimania, resnor and KeyFin like this.