1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If it wasn’t for bad luck, I wouldn’t have any….

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by USArmyFinFan, May 26, 2011.

1. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Well, it seems that way sometimes. Just as I am crawling out of a hole and getting on stable ground, life comes along and smacks me in the face. Yesterday afternoon, just 14 days shy of my one year anniversary of being rear ended by a semi truck and push into a minivan….yep you guess it, I was rear ended again yesterday. *NOTE* will someone please come and remove this bulls eye off my back? I think I have had enough.

But as I always try to do, find the Brightside. The wreck was not nearly as bad as last year; I was able to drive the car afterwards. As expected I woke up the morning with a sore neck and back, but as of today I have no major injuries to report. The other driver was clearly at fault, I stopped at a red light, and she did not. She has one of the big insurance companies, so they shouldn’t play to many games with me, if any at all. While some may consider this silly, considering both cars are mine, it happened to my KIA Spectra, the car my wife usually drives, not my new Dodge Charger the car I bought after the last accident.

I did go to the emergency room this morning, didn’t sleep much at all last night, and my headache would not go away with regular methods of treatment. The doctor determined not too much surprise I have suffered a neck strain and prescribed me some pain killers to help until it heals. My lower back is sore; of course it is almost always sore, but a little more than usual. I can deal with the neck and back pain, but this headache is a no go. I hope these meds kick in soon and it will be gone. I fear today is going to be a rough day though considering I did not sleep much last night.
    Any lawyers on here that can advise me on how to handle my own case or anyone know a lawyer who would be willing to advise me? I am planning on researching it, but I got a lawyer for my last accident, and out of the 25,000 dollar settlement, I will only see about 8,000. I am no mathematician, but those numbers are by far from being in my favor.

Well, let me go see what life is going to throw at me today.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sorry to hear that Bro, hope you are still at least functioning well?

As for the lawyer or lack thereof:

-do believe you are entitled to a rental car on the insurance companies' dime

If no actual lawyers chime in, and I suspect they would not as I posted a similar question under "anonymous" in the Advice forum, then you have at your finger tips the greatest information resource in the history of man, just use Google>your state accident settlements w lawyer/wo lawyer> read and decide.

USArmyFinFan likes this.