1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If the playoffs started today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Samphin, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

We would be the seventh and just on the outside looking in.

With a win next week and a Jets/Patriots loss, we will then be in a wildcard spot.

I think the best thing for us would be for New England to beat New York, and then we beat Oakland and New England (duh). That puts us in first place with a VERY favorable schedule in front of us. The point is, I think we can officially start talking about the playoffs.

Also, technically, we are no long in last place in the AFC East. :woot: I wonder how Buffalo likes the view. :lol:

2. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It all starts next week at home against Oakland. Have to play better than today.

finsgirlie and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  3. H.Moody

H.Moody Junior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Los Angeles,Ca.

...:chuckle: I'm just pleasantly surprised our Phins are starting to play better football...we gotta long way to go yet imo(run blocking)....but I like the direction we're heading......and yes just competing/contending again within our own division is a great feeling...I'm quietly hoping...:up:

4. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We just have to focus on playing a complete 60 minutes. We allowed Seattle to come back from a 14-0 deficit. We need to learn to put teams away. I would have the special teams coach and players all run laps and pukes until they throw up and starting fining guys $1000 a pop for missed tackles on the kickoff/punt returns. It's ridiculous. We are last in ST defense and last in ST offense.

5. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Im not talking anything yet. Oakland could easily upset us. Two more wins and i'll start talking with ya for sure.

6. finsmx

finsmx Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Monterrey, Mexico

Yeah that!

Their defense held up pretty good against Carolina and even though their offense is anemic as hell, we've been torched in the past against teams like that.

7. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Again, one game at a time.:yes:

8. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Or until I see a consistent effort from the defense. The fins D drives me to drink.......more then normal. :lol:

anlgp likes this.
  9. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I don't care if it's 3-0 or 51-50 a win is a win.

5-4 is amazing all considered.

Here's to 6-4 next week and a Jests loss!

10. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Regardless, we have a great remaining schedule. Its up to the dolphins to capitalize.

11. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Were the fans why do we have to take it one game at a time? This makes no sense to me.

muscle979 likes this.
  12. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    I spose it's a little bit like why get your hopes so far up only to see everything fall right down (as it has been the past couple years) some people are tired of having their hearts break. personally, I can see the yellow brick road for us this year, so I'm not on this boat, but I definitely feel where everyone is coming from!

13. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I get it. It's called, lets worry about one game at a time. I think it's just wording. That's all. Travis I hear yah. It's just you can speculate about the next few games if you wish, and circumstances if, but the next game is what matters, and that game can change that whole situation.

14. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    On Thanksgiving Day we can be the second seed in the AFC and this is how . . .

We beat Oakland and New England.

New England beats the Jets and loses to us.

The Jets lose to New England and Tennessee (both on the road).

Pittsburgh loses to San Diego.

Baltimore loses at the Giants and to the Eagles.

With that it would look like this . . .

Tennessee 11-0
    Miami 7-4
    Pittsburgh 7-4
    Denver 7-4
    New England 7-4
    Sixth Team that I was too lazy to figure out 6-5
    That seems like a lot of things, but I don't think it is that outlandish.

Brown42000 and ASUFinFan like this.
  15. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    With the rollercoaster ride we have been on for several years, I am almost afraid to even mention Playoffs for fear of jinxing the Dolphins. For me, I wont mention playoffs until we are in, with no chance of being knocked out of it. I would rather be pleasantly surprised if we make it than to suffer another disappointment because we have had enough of those to last a lifetime as Dolphin fans.
    Thats not to say I wouldn't be thrilled if we got there.

16. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    People must be superstitous, I can't think of any other reason. I mean no member of the Miami Dolphins knows whether I'm thinking of next week or week 17.

17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    All of that seems reasonable. Obviously anything can happen but none of that seems outlandish. In fact, I believe that the expected favorite is winning most of the time. And the upsets wouldn't be all that surprising.

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    We would actually be 8th, just behind Indy. Even though we do have the 7th best record. Thanks AFC West!

19. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

It's pretty simple really. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves.Well, I don't anyway.Especially when it comes to playoffs.I don't like to think about playoffs until it comes down to a few games left.

That's just me though.It's my way of thinking and mine only, if you guys don't agree it's all good, no worries.

Not taking anything personal Aqua, it's all good. :up:

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  20. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Normally you get pegged as a homer if you start talking about the playoffs too soon. However, the Dolphins have been so bad for so long I wouldn't fault anybody for talking about the postseason. I've even read a few things in the media about it.

Five wins is great but an appearance in the playoffs would be amazing. Historical even. We are on the verge of one of the greatest turnarounds ever.

21. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I 2nd that, we did nearly everything to practically give this game away.

When the refs ruled that Pennington fumbled, I thought it was over.

Thank goodness the call was overturned.

Just because we have an easy schedule, doesn't mean the games will be easy to win...

1 game at a time approach....

d-1