If we finish with the following record, should Ireland be retained?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Dec 12, 2012.

Under what condition should Jeff Ireland be retained

Poll closed Dec 16, 2012.
  1. He should be fired no matter the record

52.6%
  2. He should be retained no matter the record

16.7%
  3. 6 wins or more

1.3%
  4. 7 wins or more

9.0%
  5. If we win out

20.5%
  1. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Gonna be a lot of people looking silly a year or two from now for prematurely bashing this 2012 rookie class. Just sayin.

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Jonathan Martin had a pretty decent game today. Vernon saved a TD earlier. Miller looked good. Matthews looked good. Oh yeah and some guy named Tannehill is tearing it up at quarterback with a receiver core that is not good as a whole. It's almost like they set Tannehill up this year so that he'll succeed next year. They say the second season of a young quarterback's progression is the most important. That sophomore slump. If we get him some god damn dependable receivers that can get open deep I don't see how he'll slump.

Fin D and ToddPhin like this.
  3. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    If only we played Buffalo and Jacksonville at home every week.

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think Ireland has done a fine job setting us up for the future. I trust his talent evaluation and feel like I understand his plan and agree with it. I just believe we live in an era of instant gratification and so people tend to go overboard with their negative evaluations.

Ireland should be retained whether we win next week or not.

Moves and Paul 13 like this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Ireland is an AWESOME GM when we play horrible teams at hone

Rouk, muscle979 and PhinsRDbest like this.
  6. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    yeah I was waiting for x thread asking to crown a player after beating a bad team like usual but since pit lost and were out of the playoffs I guess no one made one. We made some strides forward but we played a soft schedule could of maybe been a playoff team if we didn't trade Marshall and Vontae but you never know could of maybe lost more games.

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    We only beat one team with a winning record all season. One.

EDIT: Yes, I know Seattle now has a winning record.

8. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Watching the former 2 win Colts, 4 win Redskins and probably 7 win Seahawks make the leap to the playoffs with rookie QBs doesn't help my opinion. Didn't get enough talent around to make a difference to get this team a winning record.

I'll believe it when I see it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    2. We beat the Bengals.

10. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Not true. We have a possible even record because Tannehill played like **** in 5 of our losses.

11. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    If we beat the Pats next week (no matter who they play) i've got 16 more of you joining the keep Ireland bandwagon. :yes:

Moves and ToddPhin like this.
  12. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    He's going to be retained at this point no matter what. Improvement is improvement.

13. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I can't really argue against Ross keeping him if we end up 8-8. I would get rid of him, but I can understand the owner keeping him around. I think Philibin was the right choice for Head Coach, if he is on the same page as Ireland it might just work out. Ireland does need to prove that he can draft offensive play makers theres no doubt about that. He'll have plenty of draft picks to restock the team in his image so hopefully he gets it done. I don't have that much faith, I think he's a mediocre drafter and is hit and miss with FA signings overall so he's OK but I think we could do better and would look for a replacement if I owned the team.

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    For the life of me, I will never understand how some of you evaluate Ireland in a vacuum, by not factoring in the systems he's drafted for.

I say again, when you're told to get the ingredients for a tuna fish and jelly sandwich, who is to blame when the sandwich is repulsive, the buyer of the ingredients or the guy telling you the recipe?

ToddPhin likes this.
  15. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    He's been here long enough to evaluate him fairly, I don't want anyone that grew from that Parcells front office tree staying on here, they are terrible. I hope it works out because Philibin did an excellent job making a decent tasting sandwich out of tuna fish and jelly all things considered. Hopefully Ireland has learned from his past mistakes but please don't tell me it isn't fair to judge him at this point because its more than fair.