1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you want to talk about the Bills

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Wagon Circler, May 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Wagon Circler

Wagon Circler I come in peace

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah, nobody threw on us but we managed to get 28 interceptions. Second most in the league. You lose.

2. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Parrish? We'd be lucky to get any compensation for him. Why would a team give us anything for him? It's obvious we have more returners than we need and he's not exactly a great wide receiver. Teams will probably wait and see if we cut him.

Who knows though, maybe Chan Gailey can figure out how to use Parrish on offense. It's just nice to finally have an offensive minded coach. We have good players, just need someone to put them in favorable situations. Hopefully Gailey can do that.

I see Spiller on punt returns and Spiller/McKelvin on KR.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Have you guys even had a DECENT pass rusher since Bruce Smith?

Why are the games in Ralph Davis so gloomy looking on TV even when its nice out?

4. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Saw that one coming from a mile away. My point is still valid. I do conceed however that you had alot of ints somehow with Byrd getting 9 or so...

5. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I have a good question. I think Bills fans still look at the Dolphins as their biggest rival. Do you think this is true? I know it's general and hard to tell since all 4 teams have pretty big rivalries with each other.

6. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah I think that's true. Buffalo has had some memorable games with Miami.

Jets we never had a problem with. No really big games between the two.

Pats were a nothing team before their dynasty, but now they've beat us 13 times in a row. Not really an equal rivalry.

Everybody hates everybody else in the division besides their favorite team. I watch the jets/fins/pats games every week just to cheer for them to lose.

7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I would think so. Miami was their only real rival in the division during their run in the 90s. I'm sure the 70s still sting for older Bills fans as well. I grew up watching some pretty memorable Dolphins/Bills games. I'll never forget all of the curse words I yelled at Thurman Thomas watching as a teenager. I know it's still an important rivalry to me. It's been a long time since the two teams have played with anything on the line besides bragging rights. I look forward to when that time comes again.

8. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    I don't like to hate on the Bills because they are no threat to us. And majority their fans aren't total D-Bags.

9. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    No threat to you? What's that supposed to mean lol?

I guess a 7-9 team is untouchable compared to a 6-10 team? Haha. Btw we split last year in case you forgot.

10. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Padre maybe the Bills were not as good as we thought because they were ranked 20th in Paasing attempts...but the other truth in the matter is that they gave up less BIG PASSING PLAYS per Passing attempts...

They were ranked 3rd in giving up 20+ yards with 34, behind Indy and the Jets... and that was on 519 attempts (that was a 1 Big Play per every 15 passing attempts) against them...

We were in 2007...ranked 1st in attempts (409), 3rd in yards, but in giving up BIG PASSING PLAYS, we were 12th with 39, 20+ yards per attempts. That equals to 1 Big play every 10 attempts...

Take these numbers for what ever it is worth, but the Bills were better last year, at stopping the big plays than Miami was in 2007...

11. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    The cover two and a good young safety helped us look good in that area.

If the bills had a front 7 last year that could pull their weight that secondary would have been amazing.

Disnardo likes this.
  12. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I don't like using record like that to determine a team's chances for the upcoming season. Here's a perfect example why: The 2008 Saints were only one game better than the 2008 Bills. It really doesn't mean that much in the end. You have to look at offseason moves, the draft, and such.

13. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah a good example is the fins in 2007 to 2008.

In today's NFL you can suck one year and the next you could the division.

That's why I don't get why some fin fans act like they are so much better the the bills.. Anything can happen next year. Hopefully Spiller pulls a chris johnson and makes people take notice.

14. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    You're right but things have to happen in the offseason. I don't think adding CJ Spiller is going to instantly make Buffalo a contender. In 2008 Miami added a real QB, and a probowl LT, just for starters. Buffalo just hasn't added that much up to this point outside of Spiller. That's why people think they're behind. Miami has made more moves to improve their team, the Jets have also. Buffalo hasn't even picked up a QB yet. I don't see why you're surprised. Buffalo's going to have to prove they can win more than 7 games out on the field before they'll get their respect. Winning one game against Miami doesn't change everything else. Miami has split the Pats almost every season. It didn't change the talent gap that was there for a while. Buffalo will get their shot on the field. Chad Henne will be well aware of what happened last time. Should be a good one.

Also you have to remember that Buffalo is starting a new regime and Miami is three years in. That will make most people assume one team is further along. You always have a chance in division games, so if somebody thinks Miami is guaranteed a sweep of Buffalo, they are wrong. But overall I don't see how you could say Buffalo has a more talented team.

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This dude is coming off of a incredibly poor season, and with a new coaching staff is refusing to put in the work?

I'd guess all that 'best shape of his life" and "ready to go into beast mode" stuff was nonsense?

16. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Come on guys who could blame him?!? Let he without sin cast the first stone!

17. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Win more than seven games to earn respect? Dude the fins didn't even accomplish that.

See what I mean?? You have no right to think you are so much better. Because you're not.

The dolphins have as big of qb issues as the bills. Henne is a total question mark and then you said Pennington is a real quarterback. Yeah, I totally disagree with that.

18. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Lol he's ridiculous. Lynch is being a baby because they turned down trades for him during the draft.

The evolution of Marshawn Lynch...Beast Mode > Thug Mode > Trade Mode.

19. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Yes I do, Miami won the division just two seasons ago. Buffalo hasn't had a winning season in seven or eight years. If you can't see why that makes people think Miami is further along then there's nothing further I can do for you. I was trying to give Buffalo credit when I said they could absolutely win part or even all of the series against the Fins. That's apparently not good enough for you. If you want me to say Buffalo is better, sorry, not happening. As I said, if you can't see what makes people think Miami will be better, you're just not looking. You don't want to see. I don't blame you. Buffalo did next to nothing to address their two biggest needs. Henne isn't guaranteed success but he has more upside than Trent Edwards could dream of. Even Thigpen is better than anybody Buffalo has. Comparing the two teams' QB situations is a joke.

You have been grasping at straws for this entire thread. You can't get over that seven win record. I guarantee it would have been better than that if we would have had Cleveland on the schedule instead of Pittsburgh. And whatever crappy last place AFC West team Buffalo ended up drawing last season. Miami played a first place schedule. But you don't hear them making excuses, they'll be ready to take it to the next level this season.

Buffalo has a very good secondary. I'll give you that much for sure. Hopefully you won't complain about that too.

late again likes this.
  20. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
    lmao!!!

21. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, the whole "we are better than you' stuff is not my deal, I will say if one looked unit by unit, plus Qb, the Dolphins probably have their Roster further along than the Bills do at this point in time.

From Wr to LT to Qb to NT to coaching staff, the Bills have more questions than solid answers, that said the Bills did come within a bizarre fumble in beating the Patriots in 09 on Opening Day and Rich Stadium has been tough on the Dolphins for years.

22. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=- Club Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Boy, that place can't burn to the ground fast enough. When's the last time we won a game in that frigid dump?

23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I really don't know, I do know couple Sparano's typical slow starts and Rich Stadium, Wk 1 is not in the bag, now that will be BMarsh's first game and we will have Ricky and Ronnie and a new defense, but still, I'll wait for about 4pm in early September to feel comfortable one way or another.

24. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

You should have your own show......really late at night. On a local network.....

Our QB issue is that we don't know who is going to be the 2nd and 3rd string.......your QB issue is that all you have at QB is 2nd and 3rd string.

QB is the reason that you are and will remain behind us until u do something about it. You could only dream of having a prospect like Henne.

25. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    I think Buffalo will have a top-3 pick in next year's draft.

26. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    PS, Let me ask a question that I already know the answer to. Is Buffalo relevant over at JN? Do you guys even talk about them or are they just an after thought?

Because over here we almost never even consider them in our discussions. In fact it took a Bills fan to come over and create a thread called " If you want to talk about the Bills" for us to have any conversation concerning them. Kinda sad if you ask me.

27. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    I'll put it this way. On JN, the Bills may as well be in the NFC West.

It is sad, but there are pathetic bottom-dwellers in every division.

They still find a way to split with the Jets almost every year though.

MikeHoncho and LandShark13 like this.
  28. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I would of said they may as well be in the arena league but point taken. :tongue2:

29. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Who is going to block for him? Every defense will be able to stop the Bills running game because there is no passing game!

30. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    If by beast mode you mean he's the ugliest mother****er in the NFL....

Merauder likes this.
  31. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Whenever he lies down at the beach cats try to bury his face.

I swear he looks like an Aborigine on smack.

Kinda looks like he wipes with his face (if that's even possible)

If he dipped his face in boiling oil it would actually look better.

Merauder likes this.
  32. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    He's so ugly, chefs dunk his face in dough in order make gorilla cookies.

33. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    He is living proof that when someone tells you to "go **** a goat" you shouldn't actually go and **** a goat.

Frumundah Finnatic and Merauder like this.
  34. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    So will the Jets :lol: jk

35. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Lol top 3 pick jets fan? Well that will be easy enough to surpass! You know one of our wins will be against the Jets and we will probably get 6 interceptions so don't hate. Another will be against the fins, probably week 1. So that's two wins right there for that 'top 3 pick'.

What kind of afterthought beat both the jets and miami last season?? That's barely worth mentioning because Miami is a 7 win team and the jets were a 9 win team that super fluked into the playoffs.

Miami got lucky and won the division in a year where Tom Brady didn't play. Then they promptly got embarrassed in the first round, proving they had no business being there in the first place. As soon as Brady returned you went right back to where you belong, only dreaming of playoffs.

Fin fans talk about Chad Henne like Jets fans gush over Sanchez. And we all know how ridiculous and laughable that is! You fin fans may as well be Jets fans with how you parade over your loverboy QB.

And jets fans don't talk about any other teams because they are already so far up their own asses thinking how good they are. Even though they are just a fraudulent team and it took a miracle for them to get to where they were.

That's real analysis. Stop being homers.

36. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    No offensive line

No quarterback

The end.

37. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    If only we could find a qb to throw 12 TD's and 20 int's...Then we'd have a great qb like the jets and not consider it a problem! Oh wait! Even the horrible bills qbs couldn't rack up that many ints!

38. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Hey Bills fan.....when was the last time Buffalo won a Super Bowl? Oh wait, that's right....I mean, wide right.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  39. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Don't you mean that New York team, I mean that New Jersey team:shifty: You know the one, they wear green, they have a 750lb coach, they talk smack:shifty:

40. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Were the horrible Bills QBs rookies who started a minimal amount of games in college?

No.

Next.