1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were GM and we finished 7-9 would you draft a QB in next year's draft?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Brasfin, Oct 28, 2013.

If you were GM and we finished 7-9 would you draft a QB in next year's draft?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2013.
  1. Yes, on the first day of the draft (1st round).

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. Yes, on the second day of the draft (2nd round).

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Yes, on the third day of the draft.

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. No.

30 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

2. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    It's too early to give up on RTH. It is maddening to watch him turn over the ball and not have the situational awareness to get rid of the ball quickly when a blitz is coming.

Having said that, this OL and pass protection would make it near impossible for any QB to succeed let alone develop. My fear is that it may have hurt his development. On top of that, he's had a lot of dropped passes including Wallace who is in the top 5 for dropped passes

I think you need to give him one more season with an OL that can run the ball and protect the QB.

3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I give Tannehill another season, but that's my opinion as well. Either Moore or Devlin are churned and I bring in a guy to push Tannehill or develop. This draft has a lot of QB potential. That Savage kid at Pitt is interesting...
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...age-the-best-qb-prospect-youve-never-heard-of

Probably won't be there on the second or third day though.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Where is, "Depends on who is available?"

5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    How do you guys feel about Manziel?

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I'd fire myself.

7. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Tannehill deserves a better supporting cast but let's not forget he's playing in his college system. He ought to at least "look" ahead of the curve by now.

I could be wrong, he certainly has another 8 games to prove it. But I'm starting to get that Chad Henne vibe.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Looking at the first half, I feel confident that if given proper protection the demons have not taken over his mind when it comes to phantom pressure, he stood in there well, even if the pocket was smaller yet still manageable, it looked obvious to me that he was comfortable working in tight quarters as long as there was just enough room to set, load, and fire..there were times where that's all he could do with the amount of space given, and he did it well..the concerns are not in that dept and football is not going to be played from a clean pocket all the way to a championship imo..

Moving forward, drafting and aquiring via free agency a superior oline is at the outmost importance for this particular qbs skillset..