1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll say this about Henne!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolfanTom, Dec 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Anytime, you are a first-year starting QB, and you complete 17 passes in a row ..... you must be pretty good! You just don't do that if you don't have what it takes to compete and be successful in this league. I don't care who you are playing against, that's a special thing to do, especially with our corp of receivers.

Props to Chad Henne! At the very least, folks, we have a decent QB with tremendous upside! Finally!

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    :up:

3. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Henne is for real. he had an int but so? all qbs do. he doesnt call stupid plays or fumble.

we need to stop trying to get cute

4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    If Henne can work on his touch over the offseason, he's be in the conversation for the Pro Bowl every year. He missed a couple of throws cause he was unable to drop the ball in over the defender.

But I'm just being nit-picky. Henne is a cold-blooded robot. I wouldn't trade him for any player in his draft class (Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco). I mean that.

Henne>Ryan. Believe it!

5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    It's definitely ultra impressive with this receiving corps. Finally though these guys are starting to come on. Ginn is starting to shape up pretty well again (might still have a place on this team), Bess is hereby renamed to Beasst, and Camarillo has just been absolutely clutch. Even Fasano is starting to come back on, it looks like they just needed a lot of time to adjust to his passes.

That being said, I still think a #1 dangerous receiver is going to make things serious. Bring that guy in, let him get doubled up while Ginn and Bess play their routes, and I think you'll have a grade A pass attack. I really think a lot of what we're seeing from Henne can be attributed to the WRs stepping up. You don't make 17 completions in a row with WRs that have butterfingers.

Delfin Alejandro and DolfanTom like this.
  6. woody1351

woody1351 New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Macomb Illinois
    he had a 83% completion percentage at practice lastweek also.

7. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    If only Henne had Roddy White to throw to.

8. coopdejur

coopdejur New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    He made a few throws with touch this game. His passing gets better and better each week. His int this week was off of a tough cover-2 read; that can be corrected with time. Some of those passes he dropped into tight spots were amazing. Props to Hartline, Camarillo, and Bess for making the catches.

Even more props to our patchwork O-line, though. I think we only gave up one sack and the Jags couldn't touch Henne most of the day.

9. dolfndav34

dolfndav34 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    I believe we are set on our number 2 reciever and slot (Bess & Camirillo), We will be looking for our #1 in the offseason. I'm sure there will be a few #1 recievers wanting to play for Sparano and Henne. Question is where does Ginn fit in ?