1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm no hunter, but

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by schmolioot, Sep 12, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I'm not defending that. And I believe the comment I responded to had to do with what was being said about Palin.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    This isn't a liberal or a conservative issue. This is a responsibility issue. I'd be saying the same thing about a liberal 45 year old trying to get pregnant. FACTS are FACTS and when you're 45 years old, the chances of having a down syndrome baby are 80 times greater than having one at 24 years old.

So, I don't really give a rats arse what you think is disgusting or not. I think it's a bit disgusting to make a commitment to having a baby through to full term at 45 years old knowing full well that the baby has better than a 1 in 20 chance of having down syndrome.

Fin D likes this.
  3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well, it's hard to say for sure, but in Denali National Park, where there is no hunting, they've had some problems with wolf predation reducing the caribou herds.

4. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I am chilled. Perhaps you should tell your like-minded buddy to chill out. But I guess everything he says is okay with you because he shares your ideology. It certainly seems to be okay with Finacious D, since he took the time to thank him for his slam on my mother.

5. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    What? I haven't even said anything about what's pissing you off here. I'm not even taking a side, I said the thread is going off the rails because it is. Now can we get back on topic please.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    They could eat one and reduce the herds. Again, what do your numbers mean? Are there too many caribou? That's generally a hunter's stance, there's too many deer, moose, caribou, etc. for the area to sustain them, so when we hunt we're helping out. This just one giant circular justification for blood-lust.

7. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I think we should quit bringing people's families into this, even unintentioanlly, but that last line is kind of funny. I can't help it.

8. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I thought we were supposed to be fostering a culture of life? Damn, must've missed the fine print in that memo...

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Dammit CK our species can't live, unless we hunt moose.:lol:

10. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    And we need a leader who can field strip one! (that is the term, right?)

DeDolfan likes this.
  11. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Unfortunately, I'm not the one you should be directing this statement at. Rick 1966 attempted to cheaply use his mother in order to score points in an argument about a political topic. He brought his family into the argument, so yeah, I'm very sorry he did that. He shouldn't have done that. It's too bad. Oh well.

12. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I said my piece bro. I have never and will never make a comment about someones family.

CK's last line was obviously a joke about generalizations.

13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    And caribou, don't forget. Real critical to our survival.

Did Sarah Palin ever tell you that story about when she was serving on a Japanese whaler? Whoa boy, that one's a doozy!

schmolioot likes this.
  14. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Disgusting personal attacks? LMFAO. Quite simple, I made a statement about the irresponsibility involved in having a baby at 45 years of age. You brought up that your mother did so, bringing up the question of whether she was irresponsible. I replied, yes.

WHOA BOY!!! OHHHH SNAP!! You hear what he just said about yo momma??

Give me a break. Talk about immature.

15. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    :sidelol:
    You know what's really hilarious is that the liberal were all ga-ga over Obama because he was going to run a different kind of campaign, that avoided negative ads and personal attacks...

Now THAT'S irony...

:sidelol:

16. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    This will be my only post to this sidetracked subject, I am with you, I was going to respond but realized I would be pouring gas onto the fire, because my mother as well was in her 40’s. I just decided that I to will not give CK the satisfaction and will from this day forward ignore his posts. It should be unacceptable to attack ones mother, wife, regardless of the issue. It shows callus and poor taste and a holy then thou attitude.

Back to topic.

17. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    LMFAO. Ok man, whatever you say. If I say that having a baby in your mid-40's is irresponsible, then I am automatically insulting your mother? Riiiight.

You know, using that logic, every time you say something about liberals being ignorant or misguided, or low or whatever...I can just say, damn you! You're insulting my whole family! Personal attack! Personal attack!

Point being, if you don't want your mother up on the table for discussion, don't put her up on the table for discussion. Rick 1966 made the mistake of trying to counter my argument about mid-40's pregnancies by simply bringing up that his mother had him in her mid-40's. Umm, so? He did the dirty work, here. He cheaply attempted to use his own mother to score points in an argument...figuring, oh well all I have to do is bring up my mom and then he'll just HAVE to retract his position otherwise he'd be (heaven forbid!) saying that my mom made an irresponsible decision! No way he'd do that!

LMFAO, what a bunch of crap.

18. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    I don't have an opinion on what you two are discussing Rick.

19. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    first of all..stop adding a year to her age. she is 44.

second of all...you say that she was trying to get pregnant. where you there?

your argument doesn't apply Ck, because LIFE happens. unless you can produce a signed affidavit that she asked Todd to impregnate her..then this is mute.

Now, if you want to say that she was being irresponsible for having sex with her husband at 44, there are legions of women that would agree with you.

20. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Pick your poison. It was either an irresponsible decision to get pregnant at 44 years of age, or it was an irresponsible decision to risk pregnancy by having unprotected sex.

But, that's a great excuse...I'll have to remember it. Get drunk and drive a car into a tree? Why did you drink and drive? Well officer, you see, LIFE happens. You had unprotected sex with a five dollar hooker and got herpes? Well, you see, LIFE happens!

Fin D likes this.
  21. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Look CK...I have unprotected sex with my wife all the time. I happen to be very skilled, so I don't impregnate my wife by choice.

Maybe Todd Palin isn't very good with his pullout technique.

let's be blunt about it.

LIFE is a *****. sometimes you impregnate one.

22. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    Did you just call Sarah Palin a *****?

Fin D likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.