1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so proud of this team! Let's go!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CitizenSnips, Sep 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Alright, this is going to be an overly positive rant about our team, so just let me ramble!

WHAT A DEFENSE!

Karlos Dansby, you beautiful bastard, I don't think we paid you enough! First theres that wonderful pass deflection in coverage on Shiancoe, then that Goaline hit on Peterson on 4th down? Bro, you are what this defense has sorely missed since Ole' #54. Thank you for your effort!

Cameron Wake can probably visualize the entire world taking notice of his efforts. Wake is going to explode this season (if he hasn't already). We're talking potential pro bowl, for a man who once had to resort to the CFL. He doesn't stop. Loadholt and Mckinnie had their hands full all day.

Vontae Davis. My only concern with Vontae is what we're going to have to pay him when his contract runs out. He has become a shut down corner fellas. Qbs don't want to throw at him, wrs don't want to test him.

Was that THE Jason Allen?! Jason Allen had two INTs in this game. He had a third that was nullified by the penalty. Combine that with the "shoulda-been" Pick 6 last week and you have to believe Jason Allen has gone from "he might get cut" to one of our best players on defense. Turnovers are the name of the game and this guy gets them. Vontae and Allen...man thats exciting. Way to go Allen. You are a beloved phin now. Thank you for your effort in the offseason. Thank you for continuing to work hard and earn your spot on the team and in the lineup.

This defense is special guys. That 4th down stop was the stuff of legends. Peterson gouged us a couple of times today and he had nice stats, but he'd give it all away to have scored on that play. Dansby and Vontae played with their hearts on full display today. Just amazing.

FOR SHAME R & R

Ronnie and Ricky should both forfeit their game checks this week to the defense. Those fumbles were just ridiculous. Ridiculous.

The rest of the offense

Jake Long, you are the mother ******* man.

Chad. You're hard to critique right now. All I will say is this. Just like last week, Chad Henne could have easily have lost us both games if he had made one bad play. One interception in either game and we would have lost the game. Chad has yet to make a bad decision. His throws are where they should be and hes taking what the defense is giving. He's not torching anybody, his stats are weak, but we're 2-0 because he's played mistake free football. The good news? When you combine a mistake free Qb with a Top 5 Defense, you generally win football games. So kudos Chad, you're playing smart.

oh and Jake Long, you're the mother ****** man!

2. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    totally agree. just wish we'd do more on offense to spell the defense.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    lol. i really enjoyed that read. good stuff and i agree 100%

4. Steven-O

Steven-O F*** the JETS!!

Jun 30, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Alright... i absolutely love the dolphins but i am very pissed right now at offense! for us to be an elite team we need to be able to make some points. without question defense was just nasty!!! they even put some points on the board for us and cause turnover, couldn't have asked for a better game from defense!

but we come out first play Henne throws a bomb to marshall and march down and get a TD. where was this the rest of the game??? Vikes defense is pretty dang good but all im asking can we construct a drive for a good TD in the second half??? the reason this bothers me is because i know that our offense definitely is capable of it! I do like the way that Henne plays safe and doesnt force anything to avoid turnovers, but i think O Coord needs to open our playbook. I'm not expecting 50+ pts every week but at least a couple TD's. This one TD a game is not gonna cut it through the season....

Overall very proud and happy were 2-0 on the road already. Now need to focus on Jets!

5. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    I was thinking of this too, and then I thought its situation Vs. necessity. WE all remember that first jets game last year, the jets always answered back and we had to constantly score to win the game. These past 2 games, we came out, scored early and our D-dense took over. Yes we could have put the game away w/ a TD in the 3rd quarter. But in the 4th we did not need to air it out. We needed to secure the football and run down the clock. Those fumbles hurt us, especially Ronnie's but all in all we can score, you know we can score but there is a different mentality when it comes to playing from behind and playing to maintain the lead.

Stay well rested for this Sunday, howling takes a lot out of you.:up: