1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important Offseason Dates

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miamifins854, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Miamifins854

Miamifins854 Finkle is Einhorn

Dec 15, 2007
    UCF
    January 22 (Saturday) - East West Shrine Classic

January 29 (Saturday) - Senior Bowl

February 5 (Saturday) - NFLPA Game

February 23 (Wednesday) - March 1 (Tuesday) - NFL Combines in Indianapolis

March 3 (Thursday) - Deadline for the Collective Bargaining Agreement

March 5 (Saturday) - Free Agency period begins

April 28 (Thursday) - April 30 (Saturday) - NFL Draft

Hey everyone. These are some important dates of the upcoming offseason. If I could ask the mods to sticky this for everyone, that would be great.

rafael, gandalfin, Trowa and 2 others like this.
  2. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    THanks

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    important to keep on the calendar

4. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    The draft seems so far away.......:sad:

5. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    how about the most important date this offseason? last day these guys can come to agreement before a lock out

bamadolphin and Ophinerated like this.
  6. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    The Draft starting on a Thursday is so stupid. Kinda takes away from the excitement a bit.

bamadolphin likes this.
  7. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    You forgot about the date to renew season tickets. I received my notice for renewal this week and for the first time in forty years, I will not be purchasing season tickets. I figure I have supported the Dolphins very well over the last forty years. I have spend well over a hundred thousand dollars during these years on four season tickets , along with traveling to at least one road a year for most of the last 30 years. All I ever expected from the Dolphins in return was that they put a team on the field that could at least compete for a playoff spot. After only one game in the playoffs in the last decade and the total joke the present owner has made out of the Dolphins. I no longer have the desire to attend games in person. I will do as the majority of the fans in Miami have done for years. I will sit at home and watch the games on TV and let some other fan purchase my seats so I can enjoy the game in the comfort of my home. Of course I do not expect to be able to watch all the home games on TV next year because I know many long time season ticket holders who have made the same decision I have made. So I expect that at least half the Dolphin home games next year will be blacked out in South Florida.

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Agreed. I thought it was better than it was going to be last year but it still sucks. At least start it on a Friday night.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The combine for me is most important, it is truly my vehicle in breaking down players athleticism and natural football movements relative to position.

I realize that some don't like it, or think its beneficial when scouting a player..... to those folks, I say poopie on you....lol

10. F.O

F.O New Member

Sep 26, 2009
    The most important date is the resolution of the new CBA. They aren't expected to convene until April/May on that.. and that doesn't guarantee there will be an agreement at that time, they're saying it could last well into July.. so no trading of players and free agency will be affected greatly.

11. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    Don't let the door hit your @$$ on the way out

late again and djphinfan like this.
  12. Miamifins854

Dec 15, 2007
    UCF
    Bump. New date added. Please sticky this thread mods.

13. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    What about dates when bonuses are due to players?

14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

At this point, the only date that counts is the bolded one...

15. Miamifins854

Dec 15, 2007
    UCF
    Absolutely. Apparently, Goodell is scheduling a bargaining session this Saturday with negotiating teams. Sounds like they are starting through a process of mediation.

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I certainly hope so. As a fan of the NFL, and as a businessman, both sides of this thing are being foolish. The goose that continues to lay these golden eggs could die on them if they aren't smart enough (or less-greedy enough, however you want to phrase it) to resolve the issues and get on with things...

17. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [video=youtube;pPdFrW076R0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdFrW076R0[/video]

Miamifins854 likes this.