1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In regards to the NFL fines for having fun every week....

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jaydog57, Dec 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Do they think those guys really care about the money that bad? Chad got fined 30 grand for his stunt last Sunday, and he's looking forward to next week against Minnesota do to another one. They need to relax on all these stupid fines for stuff like that. All he does is add a little entertainment to scoring a td and making great plays during the game.
    Imo, people that think he's disrespecting the game by doing that stuff, like the Commissioner, need to not take it so seriously. Sure, it's professional football. That means you're playing in a league representing the best players in the sport, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun. It's still a GAME. Those 90,000 fans of the home team get a lot louder when their players jump in the stands and get excited, and I can't blame them for it.
    Just because you're playing at the top level doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to enjoy yourself on the field.
    I'm glad there are guys like Chad to add a little more fun to the game, because besides winning, that's what it's all about.:smile:

Topdawg13 likes this.
  2. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    I agree........ :up:

Jaydog57 likes this.
  3. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    Most players do care about the fines. Chad has apparently been paid enough, and doesn't flaunt his money as much so I guess he can afford to waste money in such a fashion.

Personally I think Chad's antics are humorous and make for great entertainment. His latest rant about "not caring about the $30k fine and that he'll do what he wants because he's an entertainer" was probably a bad move. It's one thing to break the law - another thing altogether to brag about it and promise to do it again.

Chad should just keep up the entertainment, but stop telling us it's coming, taunting the league, or raising expectations.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Let them play football is what I say.
    Of course these antics for attention (Realistically, that's all it is) has absolutely NOTHING to do with football.
    Also, this is a very slippery slope. Where do you draw the limit?
    If they let up on this, Ocho Stinco and Turdell will turn it into a "One-up" club and completely take away from what it is they are actually doing out there, and that's playing football.
    If you want to watch violence with props, watch WWF. :up:

Jaydog57 and late again like this.
  5. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I've got to agree with AZ. Most of that is just a big "look at me" gesture. Nothing to do with football and nothing to do with team accomplishments.
    Ultimately what's excessive and what is not is subjective. So you have to have some firm line drawn.
    Chad Johnson is hard headed, but Goodell appears to be determined to make a statement. What's going to happen is Johnson's fines are going to eventually get outrageously high where they do hurt his wallet or he'll get a suspension.
    Either way, I'm of the opinion that while Chad may be winning some battles, Goodell will win the war.

azfinfanmang and Jaydog57 like this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Why shouldn't Joey Porter be fined for his sack celebration? If the other team doesn't want to see you celebrate...they should stop you.

Props are one thing that don't really need to be included, but if you want to spin on your head and breakdance after a touchdown you should be allowed.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  7. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Just an FYI as to how much of an attention seeker Chad is; he's considering another name change:
    to hachi go
    .."Well, by all means, if someone suggested it, you should do it. Can I be in line next? The season after "Hachi Go," I think you should be "Chad Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia." It would mean "Chad Fear of Long Words," but really, I just want to see how it looks on a jersey.

Do whatever makes you happy, man. Perhaps someday, you will get an amount of attention that you believe is enough."..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=AmIlp95slUn.z7WsLzlO_m9DubYF?urn=nfl,207862

azfinfanmang and Jaydog57 like this.