1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inside Slant by USA Today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Miami Dolphins Team Report - USATODAY.com

But he was most annoyed at the continuing struggles of the coverage units. The Seahawks started drives on their 42-, 50-, 44- and 45-yard lines because of poor tackling on punt and kick returns. Sparano said it cost his team 13 points, and if it continued, more cuts would be coming.
    The Dolphins are ranked 31st in defensive punt-return average, last in opponent's field position on kickoffs and last in net punting average.

Sparano warned that personnel changes would be coming to bolster the coverage units, and he kept his word when Miami re-signed special teams stalwart Courtney Bryan, according to a report on Sun-Sentinel.com.

2. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    thanks for the read.it is depressing that we spent most of our free agency bringing in guys that were supposed to "bolster" the st unit and here we are half way through the season and we are still bringing in guys to "bolster" the st...when do you start looking at the st coach and say a change is needed there as well?

the coach may be a nice guy and got it done elsewhere but the unit has been struggling severely to the point that no matter what players we cut and bring in it just isn't getting the acquired results.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Justin Miller anyone?

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

he's a FA isn't he? wonder why we haven't picked him up

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, just got cut from the Jets for Ty Law. He has had some personal issues such as hitting women so that may be the reason. He's also coming back from knee surgery if I remember correctly and its only been one day. I don't know if he can do anything more than be a KR/PR though. Anyone ever seen him play ST's outside of returns?

6. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

I hope we can get him, but it doesn't look good.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
  8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I had the same thoughts when I read that the Jets cut him to sign Ty Law. He was a damn good KR.

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Interesting thought here, m ino...makes you wonder if the coaches are on the hot seat as well...I still miss Mike Westhoff..another Wanny gawfaw...