1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insight from the Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Apr 1, 2010.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I am no college guy, don't even pay attention till this time of year. I am wondering though what kind of insight the regime got from coaching the Senior Bowl? Any of you draft/college guru's seeing any developments from this? (Not to mention any names, uh-hem, ck, etc...) Mid to late-round talents we can steal, etc.

2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Well, Nolan had a track record of taking several of the players who participated at the Senior Bowl the years he was there with SF.

The players that I thought showed well for our staff at that game were:

Brandon Graham
    Jared Odrick
    Dan Williams
    Dexter McCluster

Personally, I would hate the Dan Williams pick. I think he's over rated and a duplicate of Soliai.

Graham is my favorite OLB in the draft and the only one on this list that I think should be a consideration for #12. I have him behind Bryant and E. Thomas although I wouldn't be surprised if the FO also had him behind Spiller.

O'drick I like but I think he's a lesser need and his value is in the 20s.

McCluster I'm mixed on. He's small, but has been durable in a tough SEC. He's probably a 3rd round guy. He's a play maker though and they are constantly talking about the need for chunk yardage.

dolfan7171 and HULKFish like this.
  3. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Thanks Raf, that fills me in on a couple thoughts. How about Mays out of USC? Sounds like a really good prospect...

This Graham kid I know nothing about but I hope he has better upper body strength than Morgan or Kindle. That is my only knock on them.