1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Note Of Colts Running Game

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Jul 30, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Rotoworld.com

This news is originally about Dominic Rhodes but I found a note in the report interesting. In the bold it says that Kenton Keith outplaying Addai on rushing downs in limited work. Does this prove that any back can succeed behind that O-line and the respect of the defense towards Manning? I know its not huge but I find it interesting.

Last year, Keith had 533 yards on 121 carries and a 4.4 ypc average. Addai who is the main back, had 1,072 yards on 261 carries and a 4.1 ypc average.

If you give Keith the same amount of carries as Addai (261), he would have a total of 1,149 yards rushing compared to Addai's 1,072.

Addai had 12 touchdowns rushing last year which is an average of one touchdown per 21.75 carries.

Keith had 3 rushing touchdowns last year. But if you spread his stats over to Addai's carries, he would have a total of around 7 or 8 touchdowns in the season.

So now the question is, is Addai really that good or is he a product of the rest of the offense? I know there has been question of Addai's durability as he seems to come off the field every other play with an injury. Also, he has trouble running between tackles from what I understand. That stretch-run and O-line is a God for him.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
    Regan21286 likes this.
  2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well no one can deny that they have a great stable of running backs probably the deepest in the league.