1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Stats On Other Great QB's

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dgb11112, Aug 13, 2008.

1. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    If you look back on a lot of Quarterbacks that checked down there first year and were unsure of themselves or in a bad situation like John Beck.

His Name is Brett Favre. Favre was then traded for a low round pick from the falcons. Another thing to consider is that he and Beck are of the same build and have cannon arms

Under the tutelage of Cam Cameron and company he regressed, it takes a while for a QB in this league to settle down. Look at the Qb's that were ones with rough first years and possibly released but turned it around. I have listed 3 with comparables in order:

Carson Palmer, Brett Favre and Eli Manning:

YEAR TEAM GAMES COMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD INT RAT
    2004 CIN 13 263 432 60.9 2897 6.7 18 18 77.3
    1991 ATL 2 0 5 5 0 0 2 0
    2004 NYG 9 95 197 48.2 1043 5.3 6 9 55.4

MIKE likes this.
  2. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    1st off i just want to say i hope we kept 4 QB's.

The difference between all them and Beck is they still had more value "on the open market after one year then they did coming in the NFL.

Brett Favre was taken by the Atlanta Falcons in the second round, 33rd overall in the 1991 NFL Draft.Then was traded for a first-round pick (19th overall) the following offseason.

Thats not being traded for a low round pick from the falcons as you said.Infact he up'd his trade value.

As of right now do you really think their are many teams that would give up even a 5th round pick for Beck???

That's the reality of what Beck is right now.

3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    But is his value destroyed because Cam the bumbling idiot threw him in a situation he shouldn't have?

funkdat likes this.
  4. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Yup , Cam is all that and more.

But you should also remember the " fans " and the owner wanted to see Beck play.

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    this is a silly comparison. Eli and Carson were both #1 overall in the draft.

I'd consider Drew Brees to be a better example than any of those 3. But at the end of the day, John Beck is John Beck. There are no similarities between him and anyone else that will help him become great. He can only do it on his own. And its looking like he's pretty far away from doing just that.

6. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    The Falcons got a 1st rounder for Favre because Ron Wolf really wanted him. When he was with the Jets the previous year they had Favre rated as the best player in the draft, they didn't have a 1st rounder and they tried unsuccessfully to trade up. So Wolf still felt that he had great value and was willing to part with the high draft pick. I don't think that anyone has ever said that Beck was the best player in last years draft. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good player, it just means that it will take time for him to develop.

calphin likes this.
  7. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    While I'm not a fan of comparing Beck with Favre, I think it's fair to point out that Favre had a rocky beginning to his career as well. If the NFL gave up on him after such a limited and poor showing, look at what they would have missed out on. :wink2:

8. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Yep, i think it wouldn't be good to trade Beck right now.They should give him this year, and i don't mean play him,,,,,just give him this year to learn.No one should be in a rush to push a second round draft pick out the door.

I also think he'd be wise to see a psychiatrist or psychologist to help work out why he seems to push so much.......and i'm not saying that just to come off as a prick.If i was his brother or friend i'd tell him that.anyways

9. MIKE

MIKE New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    It looks like what Dgb1112 was saying is what was then put under the other post. Great POST!! DGB!!!