1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting take on Dolphins vs. Broncos matchup

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Oct 30, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    ESPN - Week 9: Numbers Crunching - NFL

Denver's defense is the worst in the league in the second half of games; Miami's offense is fourth in both the first and second halves.

Both teams love second down on offense; Miami's offense is second in the league on second down, while Denver's offense is third.

Thought I'd share to see what you all think.

Disnardo and azfinfanmang like this.
  2. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Well, I'm not one that puts too much stock in categorical 'rankings'... as it never takes the quality of opponents into account, and it only accounts for yards... not points, turnovers, situations, or penalties.

However, these numbers would suggest that Miami is good at adjusting at halftime... and Denver is not. It would help explain why Denver isn't doing as well as expected this year... and Miami is doing better than almost everyone predicted.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    Well, here's to hoping Denver comes out flat in both of halves. Lay that egg Shanahan and company :up:

4. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    The thing we have to worry about is being able to stop and control B. Marshall especially and their other WRs as well. Our secondary has serious problems stopping big, tall, dominant receivers, see Fitzgerald, Boldin and A. Johnson. The only way we can do that IMO is to have the safeties help the DBs better, which they've been horrible doing up until this point and we need to get serious pressure on Cutler.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

I think the Pressure is paramount.

Cutler has an absolute Cannon and no, nobody on our team can cover Marshall OR Royal 1 on 1.

On the flipside, with a depleted Denver Defense, and no Champ Bailey, I think our Offense could really OWN the time advantage.

I really like our chances in this one, but.... I also really like our chances against Houston... :pity:

Sceeto and hugoguzman like this.