1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting thought about OC position

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Silverphin, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I was reading the Twitter bar in the 'Phins section of the Sun-Sentinel, and someone asked him Mike B. if Jason Garret would be a good hire? Mike B. seems on board with the idea.

What are your thoughts?

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    He was the OC for a team that got his coach fired with a ton of talent on the offensive side.

The players in Dallas reportedly don't like him, and while likability is not essential in a coach, I think it helps.

I use to like him, now I'm not so sold on him anymore.

3. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I imagine Garrett is going to be a head coach somewhere next year.

4. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    If anything, his stock is up.

Whether the players like him or not, he has brought a professionalism and discipline to that team that did not exist under Wade Phillips, whow as a "players coach"

And yeah, his offense didn't perform great at the beginning of the year, but who knows the reasons for that. I think he's an excellent HC candidate and I would gladly hire him here.

5. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I would like someone with a tad more experience, but after this year with old man Henning, Garrett would be an upgrade x1000

6. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Jason Garrett will be the Dallas Cowboys head coach after the dog and pony show has concluded.

7. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Yep, my guess is Jerry Jones wants nothing to do with any coach who wants any type of say in the organization. Enter a new contract for Garrett...