Interesting twist if True

54 replies

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury BoxOP
Jan 12, 2012, 03:28 PM

Adam Schefter
A source close to Jeff Fisher insisted delay in choosing bw MIA and STL is not a leverage play and neither side has yet to make an offer.

Via facebook

I find it hard to believe nobody made an offer if I'm reading this right.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 03:30 PM

That would fly in the face of reports that Ross has offered 8 million and title VP.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jan 12, 2012, 03:31 PM

I am calling BS on this.

If this is what Fisher is peddling I'm starting to buy the spec that he was merely holding out until something he liked better (ahem, Colts) came open.

The report is basically "Don't blame me, nobody's offered me a job"

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 03:32 PM

At this point I'm saying **** Jeff Fisher and his mustache.

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Jan 12, 2012, 03:33 PM

Next

Adam Schefter
Source said Jeff Fisher is making sure he has ideal situation. "This is not about money, not about negotiating. This is about winning."

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jan 12, 2012, 03:33 PM

More Schefter: Source said Fisher is making sure he has ideal situation. "This is not about money, not about negotiating. This is abotu winning."

He doesn't want either of these jobs fellas.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 03:36 PM

Who the hell is gonna come out and say "yes, he's totally leveraging the sheit out of both of them"?

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 03:36 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

More Schefter: Source said Fisher is making sure he has ideal situation. "This is not about money, not about negotiating. This is abotu winning."

He doesn't want either of these jobs fellas.

He wants the Colts job and that's what he's waiting for. I'd bet my retirement account on it.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Jan 12, 2012, 03:38 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

He wants the Colts job and that's what he's waiting for. I'd bet my retirement account on it.

Sure seems that way doesn't it?

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Jan 12, 2012, 03:46 PM

Who wouldn't want the Colts job?

Do you think if Phil Jackson could do it all over again, he would try to prove his worth by coaching the Clippers over the Lakers??

No coach in their right mind would walk from an Indy offer given what's ahead of them.. Especially with Matt Moore as the latest QB of the future.

Jan 12, 2012, 03:48 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

Sure seems that way doesn't it?

Then its time to move on.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
Jan 12, 2012, 04:11 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

Then its time to move on.

you have somewhere to be?? :headscratch:

Jan 12, 2012, 04:12 PM

I dont know who you are, but welcome to TP!

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Larry LittleLarry LittleSupporter
Jan 12, 2012, 04:16 PM

I don't think it's smart to read anything into this situation. I'd like to stick to the facts.

Understanding that... if Indy jumps in at the last minute and hires Fisher, that might just take every ounce of wind out of my sails. I'm getting tired of watching this franchise repeatedly fail.

The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Jan 12, 2012, 04:20 PM

"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:

Via facebook

I find it hard to believe nobody made an offer if I'm reading this right.

I don't find it hard to believe at all. Money is not the issue here. Either guy will pay Fisher at or near the top of the scale. The issue here has to be either that Fisher truly hasn't decided yet or that he's talking still with both sides about other particulars (how many coaches and trainers he can have, the GM situation, etc), not money. Fisher is in a position to name his price, so that's not the issue. Once Fisher agrees to go with either side, the money part will be simple...

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Jan 12, 2012, 04:21 PM

"Larry Little wrote:

I don't think it's smart to read anything into this situation. I'd like to stick to the facts.

Understanding that... if Indy jumps in at the last minute and hires Fisher, that might just take every ounce of wind out of my sails. I'm getting tired of watching this franchise repeatedly fail.

That is my only fear...although Schefter is saying that's not going to happen. That Fisher will decide on either Mia or StL....

SCall13SCall13New Member
Jan 12, 2012, 04:22 PM

Indy can have him. I didn't want his over rated ass here anyway.

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision." - Muhammad Ali

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Jan 12, 2012, 04:28 PM

"neither side has yet to make an offer."

I'm no English major, but that means both sides have made offers. :lol:

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

AquafinAquafinNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 04:33 PM

would it be hypocritical of me to say that the longer this goes on the less chance that fisher choses Miami as his destination ? and i am starting to cool on Fisher. and you know i have stuck to my guns on my favorite coach choices. maybe Ross need to fire Ireland and stop listening to Peterson . I am almost ready for Ross to sell the team to a football guru.

SCall13SCall13New Member
Jan 12, 2012, 04:36 PM

"Aquafin wrote:

would it be hypocritical of me to say that the longer this goes on the less chance that fisher choses Miami as his destination ? and i am starting to cool on Fisher. and you know i have stuck to my guns on my favorite coach choices. maybe Ross need to fire Ireland and stop listening to Peterson . I am almost ready for Ross to sell the team to a football guru.

Almost?

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision." - Muhammad Ali

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 12, 2012, 04:42 PM

SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Fisher sources statement Not about $, not about negotiating, this is about Winning. Yes winning is what it's all about. So choose a team!

Hmm, if it is about winning, and solely about winning, Miami should be the choice.

DADabenForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 04:50 PM

Sounds like Schefter, Glazer etc are falling in line with the Mike Silver report. Marvin Demoff's reputation for being tight lipped is certainly well deserved, it's pretty impressive how some very accomplished nfl news folks are coming up completely empty.

I'm kinda over this personally, don't mind if we get Fisher, Zimmer, or even Chudzinski if we interview after losing out on Fisher. Biggest news for me was Mularkey being taken off the market. That made me :yahoo:

maynardmaynardNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 04:53 PM

we've gone from getting old, to stale to growing mold

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

branbranNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 04:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

DADabenForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 04:57 PM

It's also possible that Fisher has asked for some organisational changes and it's actually him waiting for a response from Ross and co., not the other way around.