1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview with DB Jason Allen

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He doesn't seemed to be deterred.

2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    He was never the type. I'm pulling for this kid. Last year when used he always found himself around the ball, and, according to speculation, isn't getting any credit for it from the trifecta.

He never complains, burns it on ST, sometimes too much, and tried his best to play S, CB, then S, then CB again in multiple schemes.

We know he has the skillset, do we have the patience?

Silverphin and Nappy Roots like this.
  3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

absolutely you have to root for the guy, i dont know him personally but he seems like hes a great guy.

On if he feels better suited to play cornerback or safety

this is why he should of been a CB from day one.

HULKFish, Tone_E and Silverphin like this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    'Nando "We need a pass rusher"...well yeah.

Jason Allen, to me he plays well when he can get into the game, but he may be better off playing somewhere else simply so he would not have the "failed expectations" label that he has here.

Kiper can be an idiot sometimes.

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well the FO must have some good feelings about him as well, given that they've not gone after any of the better FA CBs...Faggins (if he signs with us) and Green are depth...the thing is, they could easily draft a Butler or Smith or Moore in the first or second rounds and if that guys takes hold of the starting position, Allen could be back at S as backup behind Wilson and/or Bell and we'd still get some good value from him...I just think that the moving back and forth has really stunted his growth as a player in this league and soured a lot of fans on him...and it's not necessarily his fault...

cnc66 likes this.
  6. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Im pulling for the guy, i hate to see another draft pick that didn't work out for us....

7. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I hate to see him fail also but he sure hasn't played like a 1st round draft pick yet. If he fails it would be another failed 1st round pick to add to a long list. Allen is athletic if they can just harness his abilities and put them to work for us.

8. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks ATZ. Great read as usual

ATVZ400 likes this.
  9. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I am root for you Jason Allen. Like you guys said you never want to see a guy fail.

10. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    anytime...:up: