1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intresting read on Mauia

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by k-bayfinfan, Jun 27, 2008.

1. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    felly smarts, Crunkcore and alen1 like this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    As long as that little fight doesn't come back to haunt him, he should be on the team. Before that incident, Parcells and Co. really gushed over him.

3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm really skeptical he gets cut at this point. If they have not done it by now, I doubt they do it.

He's just got too much upside, and can do things your average fullback 30 pounds lighter cannot. He was raw last year, but there were times where he showed flashes of what he can do. There are instances where he was taking defensive linemen out of plays. Not 250 pound DEs, either, but Crunchtime's .GIF gallery(Club Level access) has got some plays I can point out where seals the edge and knocks Mario Williams off the line, and catches Vince Wilfork with a cut block and puts him on the ground.

You've got to remember, this is a guy who essentially learned to play fullback last year, there's a learning curve. He wasnt a lead blocker in college, he was essentially a halfback, whose job essentially consisted of standing next to Colt Brennan in shotgun formations and picking up blitzers.

k-bayfinfan, Bpk, alen1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Thats what I was thinking. I like the size that he brings to the table. I dont think this little fight is going to be too bad for him, hopefully it works out okay. he was pretty good for us last year, and can only really get better this year. Its rumored though the that FO really likes Boomer Grigsby too though.. so who knows. Maybe this is shaping up to be one of those underrated and ignored training camp position battles.

Bpk likes this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I want to like this kid, but I want to know why he punched out that guy, if he had good reason I can live with it. Hope he turns into a mauler on the field for us though.

gafinfan likes this.
  6. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Rumor is that dude Mauia punched out was beating up on his girlfriend before Mauia intervened.

gafinfan and k-bayfinfan like this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    To add to his transition as a Fullback, he was at one time a 360 pound Defensive Tackle.

Bpk likes this.
  8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks Bro, that does make me feel a lot better about it, I hope that's right. If it is, then he's a character guy IMO and I'll root like crazy for him. :up:

9. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Sounds good. Hopefully he can make the team.

10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Yeah the story is, him and another dolphin were watching dude beat up/abuse whatever his girl in the bar. while leaving Mauia sorta started someting with him, not outright but a "what are you looking at? you looking at me?" and knocked him out. yeah not a smart move regardless of what dude was doing, but oh well, sometimes you do what you feel is right, not what you feel is right for your career.