1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone/iPod optimization

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by Desides, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I've been browsing around the forums on my new iPhone, and the site really looks sharp. It's amazing how well the design scales to such a small-resolution screen; excellent job, guys.

But one thing that stands out is performance. The iPhone struggles at times to fit the long threads and various graphics into memory. Some slight hiccups, no big deal. But what really stands out as annoying is the reply interface. It takes forever to load, the text input box is too wide to be usable, and text input lags--there's upwards of one second delay from the time I push a virtual key to the time it appears in the box.

Some sites like Facebook have a custom-designed version just for the iPhone. It's quick-loading, compact, slick, and perfect for the device. Is it possible to have something like that implemented here? I don't mean a changeover to the mobile version, which is basically just plain text; I mean a new, compact design that loads when the iPhone browser string is detected.

Or, at the very least, can something be done about the new post and reply pages?