1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod transfer software

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by pennphinfan, Apr 28, 2010.

1. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Hi all,
    So my mom asked me to add my music to her ipod that my cousin gave to her, but the ipod is already synched to my cousin's computers. I could just reset it and go from there but my mom doesn't want to lose all the music that's on there, and I honestly don't feel like going through the hassle of resetting it and then going back to my cousin and asking for all the music again.
    so the question becomes, anyone know any good transfer software that circumvents the synch-block on the ipods? I tried CopyTrans and that was going well, until it told me that only the first 100 song transfers were free and then i'd have to pay up. Are there any actual freeware programs that can do this that people know about? I'm wary of just downloading any program that claims to do it..
    thanks!

(I've never had anywhere this much trouble synching my Sansa...freaking apple)

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Don't blame Apple, blame the recording companies. One of the concessions they demanded from Apple in exchange for setting up the iTunes music store was a block on allowing songs to sync from an iPod to a different computer. It's an anti-piracy move.

Anyway, give ephpod a spin and see if it works.

pennphinfan likes this.
  3. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Hm... ephpod is giving me some kind of 'access error' when it tries to sync with the ipod.
    perhaps it's because i have windows 7? the website doesn't seem to mention anything about it being compatible with 7, only talks about things up to XP. no mention of vista or 7..

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    pennphinfan likes this.
  5. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    nice, this appears to be working. Thanks bud!