1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ireland and Finfans seem to be of one accord

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by late again, Feb 25, 2010.

1. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    So it would seem anyway. Per Ireland:.."None of the talking off the field had anything to do with why we attempted to release him," Ireland said during an interview session at the NFL scouting combine. "It's all basically performance on the field, as to why we attempted to release him."...
    The talking doesn't become an issue unless you fail to back it up.
    Ireland goes on to address repairing the relationship:
    "There's always a chance. Always a chance," Ireland said. "Right now, he's a player on our roster. He's a player under contract on our roster. So we'll making those decisions here in the next couple of weeks."

Would the Dolphins be willing to work at rebuilding their relationship with Porter?

"I mean, that's a tough question, to be honest with you," Ireland said. "It goes both ways."..

So in other words, Joey needs to step up with hat in hand or else it's "see ya"

Sorry I almost forgot a link:
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/02/25/dolphins-dont-pin-botched-transaction-on-porters-trash-talk/

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    At this point, I personally don't care what Porter says or does. I just want him gone. And, I think he will be. Ireland can't just come right and say it. But, it's there IMO, if you just read between the lines.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Porter is history, and good riddance. He doesn't have the goods any more to back up his mouth, and he never had the brains to shut up his mouth when appropriate. JMVHO

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    no more joey porter

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    We should all just stop making post about JP. He's no longer a Phin. He will be released as soon as we can let him go.