1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me (560 WQAM)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by USArmyFinFan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Living in Texas, everything here is Cowboys and Texans. So I tuned into WQAM to listen to Dolphins football. Is it just me or is M Irving the most annoying a$$ ever? Is there a better station to listen to?

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Outside of Joe Rose, that station is completely void of talent these days. 790 the Ticket and 640 are much more listenable.

SICK, dolfan32323 and USArmyFinFan like this.
  3. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Thank, I switch to one of those.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He's an absolute idiot. They had him on NFLN a lot yesterday and he was brutal.

5. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    this has been my gripe because one station out of texas always rips the dolphins i. e 1360 the ticket of course the host is a dallas fan so that explains that so i have quitlistening to 1360 alltogether.

i wished miami dolphins former players would get jobs in the radio market sowe can have better dolphin coverage.

6. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I think the lesson I have re-learned this week is how there are many people in the media that do not like our franchise, and they go out of their way to create drama and discord with everything Miami Dolphins. It's really almost to the point that you can rarely take anything at face value.

I think I will say that Philbin could be the kind of guy that finds favor with the media. He doesn't seem to carry his emotions on his sleeve and he is an intelligent and likeable guy. Early success could really put him in a fantastic position.

I've never been a fan of another NFL team. The Dolphins are all I have known my entire life. So much has changed since Coach Shula that sometimes it's difficult to see what is happening nowadays. Guys like Irvin have huge ego's and often serve their own interests with their focus of news coverage, etc. I'm hoping our dumping of Marshall is a sign of things to come. He made plays for us, but he was never really what we hoped for. His constant distractions and dropped passes, penalties, etc cost us games. Easily as many as he helped us win he contributed to our losses. Bringing in good people to the Miami Dolphins will help us win back over the media. Give them good things to report always and end the teenage immaturity of players like Brandon Marshall. Even if our franchise continues to struggle on the field, I'll enjoy rooting for guys like Wes Welker over guys like Brandon Marshall anyday. I think the types of people we bring in will make it more fun to be a Dolfan.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It takes one great man worthy to lead a culture change..Lets hope we got it right this time..

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  8. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Great comment. Really, to me this is where most coaches fall short. It takes a consistent and committed effort to make it happen.