1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to get a WR at this stage ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finserg, Nov 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Just wondering if its possible to try to pick up a WR at this point , are there any rules to talk to teams ?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

team A has to give team B permission and the trade deadline is over. i think only in FA but I don't think we need one. Why do you ask?

3. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

thanks thats what i thought it would be good if we can pick up a good WR via a draft pick if we make the playoffs..

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wouldn't expect any moves this season unless its a small FA pickup. In the off-season, its going to be a target of ours through the draft and free agency. I have a couple WR's in mind that could end up here.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

who? i hope we do a defensive minded draft :praying:

Agua likes this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Through the draft, Hakeem Nicks of UNC could end up here. He's a very talented WR whose about 6'1" or 6'2". Nicks or Brandon Tate of UNC as well. Tate was the all-purpose yards leader but tore his ACL. His draft stock will plummet because of the injury but he's very talented as well. Ramses Barden of Cal Poly is about 6'6 and runs a late 4.5. He has dominated play this year and has 16 consecutive games with a touchdown if I remember correctly. He'll be a mid-rounder IMO. I would think we would take at least one WR, possibly two but I've been wrong before for sure. Through FA, Sam Hurd of the Dallas Cowboys is a FA and I don't think he'll be back in Dallas.

Defense will definitely be drafted bro or at least I think it will. As many have talked here, a guy like George Selvie or Clint Sintim are going to be targeted. Selvie probably won't end up with this team if we keep winning. Sintim is a monster at UVA and he's already an OLB so it won't be as big of a transition unlike Selvie, who would be converted from DE to OLB IMO. I think Rey Mauaulga of USC will get looked at. He's very wreckless and can make plays but gets out of position a lot. A Nose Tackle like Terrance Cody could be looked at or as Boomer mentioned in the CL, Sen'Derrick Marks of Auburn. However, I would be surprised if Cody is there if we pick in the late teens. In the second round, I like Larry English of NIU if we don't take an OLB in the first. I also have talked a lot about Dominique Johnson of Jackson State, since pre-season really. Big DB at 6'2", 200 and runs a 4.38 forty. Good instincts and versatile, playing both Safety and CB.

Just my thoughts.

anlgp likes this.
  7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

No WR coming in here unless we maybe have one stashed on the practice squad, which I don't know. But watch out for Brandon London (right?) That catch he made, though he couldn't get his feet in, would have been a heckuva touchdown. He has some serious promise. Expect to see a lot more of him as the season progresses.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree regarding players not coming in. What I wonder now is if Anthony Armstrong is off the practice squad and on the 53 man roster. I know they liked him in camp. Also, agreed on London. He reminds me of Vincent Jackson, except he takes part on ST's.

9. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    chad jackson is still available i think

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    He was signed by Denver last week.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Felix, Jackson is a Bronco.

EDIT: Brown beat me to it.

12. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    my bad...i didnt hear about him on sunday

13. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    there are no FA WRs available at this late stage who are talented enough to come in and make a difference this year.
    IMO it's preferable to let this year play out with who we have. Ginn, Bess and Camarillo are all seemingly making strides. Who's to say what their ceiling is at this point?

anlgp likes this.
  14. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    The team is set this season.

What you see is what you get.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Looks like we could have a guy on the market after all. Giants David Tyree could learn his future tomorrow. Its either Tyree, Moss, Tynes or Carney. I know they like what Carney has brought to them filling in for Tynes because I read that Tynes came back healthy and they still didn't activate him because Carney was doing a good job. Lets hope its Moss or Tyree.

16. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Just throwing this out there and he should be 100% healthy now is Eric Parker is still out there as well if they don't bring in someone off the practice squad.

alen1 likes this.