Is Lane Johnson a trade target

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    Margus Hunt fits that profile and will likely be available in the 2nd. I would love to get him.

2. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Michael Bennett fit the profile pretty damn well. Not a shock he went to Seattle, who is basically looking for the same. I likely haven't watched as much of this incoming DE class as many here, but Richardson really seems like an ideal fit.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

That makes sense. The early 2nd round pick would be a good spot to select a DE, and at least two among D. Jones, Okafor, Carradine, Lemonier, and Montgomery should be there, and probably more than 2 of them. My favorite one would be D. Jones and he is the most likely to be selected prior to 42 IMO.
    There is a big disparity as for where Jones is ranked overall. NFLDraftScout has him 20th, but Pro Football Weekly has him 87th. Draft Insiders has him 37th.
    My close 2nd favorite would be Okafor, and PFW has him 97th. NFLDS has him 49th and Draft Insiders has him 44th.
    As for Carradine, his knee injury will probably discount his value because it seems to usually do that with players in general. PFW has him 78th, NFLDS has him 31st, Draft Insiders has him 61st.
    As for Montgomery, PFW has him 145th, NFLDS has him 44th, Draft Insiders has him 49th.
    Lemonier, PFW has him lower than the top 150, NFLDS has him 91st, Draft Insiders has him 42nd.

The thing to remember with NFLDraftScout is they could change their rankings on a daily basis and often do move certain players up or down, usually due to injury status or workouts. In the past few days for example they moved DJ Hayden from the 6th round and something like the 25th corner, to the 2nd round and the 7th corner all in one fell swoop. The most likely DE to move in their rankings is Carradine, if he is able to workout before the draft. He is scheduled to on April 20th. According to rotoworld:
    The other two are in print and set at a certain place in time. PFW about the 3rd week in March and Draft Insiders a week ago.

The bottom line is this. We should have the choice of at least 2-3 nice DE prospects in the 2nd round if we decide to go that direction.

ToddPhin and rafael like this.
  4. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Ireland mentioned 3-4 guys he's looking at and mentioned that he'd like to go up or trade down. So basically they're going to sit at 12 and take somebody.