1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Philbin different when the cameras are off?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jersey Dolfan, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Jersey Dolfan

Jersey Dolfan Active Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I have noticed, watching player interviews over the past 2 weeks, that the guys seem really confident, almost cocky at times, and seem to not have a problem speaking up about other teams etc, they seem to be tough talking and have a lot of "swagger". I have to believe that this has something to do with the mentality philbin is setting from the top. I would NEVER know this by watching hard knocks or his interviews, but i have to think him and the rest of the staff are fostering a mentality that i really like. Thoughts?

2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Of course

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I notice a different demeanor on the field, practice or game..I'm getting that feeling that I wouldn't want to fu&$ up if I was on the team..and I believe that's a good thing.

4. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    I was going to bring something up that got my attention yesterday, and since you mentioned "off camera", I thought this was a good time. Yesterday, I was driving and happened to catch Philbin's weekly interview on Sirius NFL radio. As i was listening, I perceived something familiar in his voice, not the intonation, but more like the flow of words and the expression. Then it dawned on me, this guy being interviewed reminded me of Shula interviews I'd heard many times. Again, hard to put a finger on exactly what made me see a similarity there, but it definitely made me think of Shula. Obviously it doesn't mean much but I thought it worthy of mention because it struck me pretty hard.

Of course as it relates to the OP he wasn't in front of any cameras.

5. jamesthemang

jamesthemang Banned

Sep 20, 2012
    Philbin turns into a giant green raging dolphin when the cameras are off and takes Paul Solais lunch money. DOLPHIN SMASH!

Hobiesailor likes this.