1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Shay Hodge the Most Underrated Receiver in the Draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by nfldraft2010, Feb 26, 2010.

1. nfldraft2010

nfldraft2010 New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    He led the SEC in receiving this past season, but is only projected as a 4th-5th round pick.

He doesn't have great speed but really impressed at the Senior with his size, hands and route-runner.

He was a guest on a radio show in Baltimore and talked about his prospects for the draft and how he stacks up to the other receivers in the draft.

I think he has a chance to be a very good value in the middle rounds.

Here is the audio from the interview:

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2045

my 2 cents likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's not aggressive enough and is inconsistent IMO.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Rich Gunnell is the most underrated WR. Will make a great possession receiver for someeone and may go undrafted if the internet scouts are to be believed

4. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I like Shay Hodge. Good but not great wheels, can separate. Good size, too. Not quite sure about his hands, but he could be worth a pick if he slips. I'm thinking that Desmond Briscoe might be the most underrated WR. Or it might be Arrelious Benn, even though he's projectd as a late 1st early 2nd guy. He was handicapped all year becaue of his QB and the Illinois conservative offense. I'd been thinking all along the Ravens would take him at #25, but with Donte Stallworth on board that might change their plans. For what it's worth, GBN had him rated #7 overall pre- season. Dude has size, strenth, speed no doubt. Dez Bryant seems nearly ideal for us in terms of an alpha dog #1 WR, but I do still like Benn. If not for the probability of the Bills drating OT Bryan Bulaga at #9 it seems logical to me that the Phins and Packers might swing a deal to allow the Pack to take Bulaga #12 and allow us to slide down and acquire another premium pick while having a shot at Benn, Brandom Graham or Dan Williams. #23 stands out because it's before the Ravens selction and would allow us to scoop him up if DB isn't there at #12, which is likely.

gafinfan likes this.
  5. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Houston Nutt and Jevan Snead vote NO SHAY HODGE!!!!!!!!.....

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Brett Hamlin as an UDFA guy. He's got some nice tools to work with IMO.