1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the 2nd Round, Parcells' Playground?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin D, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Anyone get the feeling that if our FO was open about their plans, we'd find out they believe Round 2 to be the best round to build your team in?

2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    It wouldn't suprise me. I think there is tons of value in the second round and usually a couple stars too.

Plus they don't cost what teh top 10 picks in round one cost either. Get too many of those and you get in trouble financially.

if i was a team like St Louis, Oakland and you coudl trade down you could get two good player prospects at a fraction of the price of one top 5 prospect.

But the way these guys find the guys they want, I think they truely believe they can get the guys they want in any round (Thomas) or even after the draft (Bess).

I think it helps that they know exactly the attributes they look for in a position.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I could see them moving the 25th selection on draft day if the players that are available don't meet the value of the pick. I would think they would move back into the second, picking up an extra pick this year or next year and then continue to build from there.

4. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I think if that scenario woudl be presented it would be great. Unless of course someone they really like is there at 25.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    That is an interesting scenario which would be nice to see play out if there isnt really a guy at 25 that we're in love with. Can never go wrong getting an extra draft pick, and saving a bit of cash at the same time probably.